XR650R Stator Do Other stators fit?

14 replies to this topic
  • jamestoo

Posted August 25, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Just wondering if a stator from another honda bike will fit straight onto the 650R to give more power output as a replacement to the stock stator if so which other stators fit the XR650R

Many thanks

• cleonard

Posted August 25, 2006 - 08:44 AM

As far as I know there are no Honda stators that give higher output.

You have two options. You have two options. First is to buy an aftermarket rewound stator from Ricky Stator, Electrex, or Baja Designs. These will give 200 to 250 watts in two coils. The second is to rewind it yourself. There have been several threads here in the last few months describing the process. It's not too hard and is certainly a lot less expensive.

• jamestoo

Posted August 25, 2006 - 09:04 AM

Hi Thanks for the reply as a result of following threads i've broken my stator and completely messed up the regulator/rectifyer and control switch and now have no electrics :thumbsup: i'm now replacing each part individually.

Most roadbikes already have high output stators to cope with lights etc so my question was are any other Honda road bike stators compatable?

I would just go to ricky stator or BD etc but as i'm in the UK its a pain in the arse i was thinking about buying a second hand one eg from a CB XLR CBR VFR etc from ebay but my dilema is knowing if something from an alternative model might fit

• rcnutt

Posted August 25, 2006 - 10:24 AM

I have a brand new ricky stator in the box I'll sell for 125.00 + shipping.you can even paypal me, and I'll ship it usps. john

• jamestoo

Posted August 25, 2006 - 11:16 AM

Done!

Please let me have your Pay Pal Address!

Many thanks

James

Please drop me an email to james@[remove first]lawson-search.com

• motochris

Posted August 25, 2006 - 11:23 AM

I have a brand new ricky stator in the box I'll sell for 125.00 + shipping.you can even paypal me, and I'll ship it usps. john

The USPS goes all the way to the United Kingdom?

• jamestoo

Posted August 25, 2006 - 11:28 AM

YUP! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 25, 2006 - 01:05 PM

Youll love the ricky stator, just run it in dual output mode, and yoll have a gillywatt or so to the headlights...

• jamestoo

Posted August 25, 2006 - 01:59 PM

Thanks I'm fed up with all the hassles with my own rewound stator and i think i'll upgrade from the bd duel sport kit to duel 8 inch race halogens (should be an improvement on the 55w crappy headlight!) :thumbsup:

• x400r

Posted August 29, 2006 - 10:12 AM

anyone know if a xr400 stator will fit and work on a xr650r?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted August 29, 2006 - 11:12 AM

If I were you I would go with Baja Designs. They guarantee their rewind for as long as you own the bike and it cost about the same as Ricky Stator. Ricky does not guarantee for as long as Baja Designs does.

I had mine rewound by Baja Designs 2 years ago with no problems to date and the security that if something does go wrong they stand behind it. Can't beat that.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 29, 2006 - 01:02 PM

If I were you I would go with Baja Designs. They guarantee their rewind for as long as you own the bike and it cost about the same as Ricky Stator. Ricky does not guarantee for as long as Baja Designs does.

I had mine rewound by Baja Designs 2 years ago with no problems to date and the security that if something does go wrong they stand behind it. Can't beat that.

Thats nice but with a ricky stator you have a stocker in your tool box or to sell. And you can allways rewind it too. I called Ricky stator and he said he would stand behind any stator he sells no specific amount of time stated.

• rcnutt

Posted August 29, 2006 - 03:36 PM

yeah, it's the difference between a rewound (BD) and a brand new unit(RS).I like the new option.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted August 29, 2006 - 08:55 PM

I called Ricky stator and he said he would stand behind any stator he sells no specific amount of time stated.

I agree having a second stator could have it's advantage.

It's been along time since I visited Ricky Stator's site but I was sure it said 1 year on the guarantee. His site has changed a lot since my last visit and there is no mention of a one year guarantee anymore.

But his stators sold on E-Bay clearly state one year guarantee. Below is a quote from E-bay and the link where I got the quote.

"Honda XR650R 200-watt Stator Assembly
Designed and tested by Ricky Stator
Covered by 1-year warranty"

Ebay link:
Ricky Stator XR650 Stator

• MindBlower

Posted August 30, 2006 - 04:47 AM

Someone posted once that Ricky Stator's are a cheaper component to begin with, and that the OEM unit was higher quality. I don't know if that's true. FWIW

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.