XR650R Fork vent valves??

3 replies to this topic
  • thecirque

Posted August 25, 2006 - 06:41 AM

Does anyone run or suggest running those handy little fork vent valves on my XR650R forks?

I saw some on Ebay I considered buying but I don't really hear of anyone using them on the XR650R's.

Thanks in Advance....

• ponq

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:09 AM

I thought about it, but I don't have money to toss at non performance upgrades.
I just use a screwdriver and do it.
Not that much pressure builds up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ProMed

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Does anyone run or suggest running those handy little fork vent valves on my XR650R forks?

I saw some on Ebay I considered buying but I don't really hear of anyone using them on the XR650R's.

Thanks in Advance....

I have been running them on all of my bikes. However, the forks should be fully extended (on a center-stand) before you release the air/ press the button.

• BWB63

Posted August 25, 2006 - 03:45 PM

Gene Lane runs them on his Baja race bike. I instald them. You have to have them in front of the bars and they won't work with all top triple clamps, stock was a yes but, I can't remember what Gene is running.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.