How much to rebuild XR650 engine?

1 reply to this topic
  • mikesbaron

Posted August 24, 2006 - 09:07 PM

Guys I have a line on a bike but the engine's crank is toast and apparently the cases are sawed in half because of the crank issue.

Is it worth picking the bike up for $1500 and trying to find and/or rebuild the engine? Or is the money and effort too much?

Interested in options on a crank and cases vs where and how much I can find a used engine for?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • texsurfer

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:58 PM

i wouldn't give more than $1000 for something like that. rebuilds can get costly even if you think only certain things need fixing. your best bet would be to buy a running one unless you just wanna bust nuckles and turn wrenches :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.