pic of rear fender w/low profile rear tail light?

14 replies to this topic
  • Don07DRZ400S

Posted August 24, 2006 - 06:25 PM

Does anyone have a picture of their fender with the low profile brake/tail light? I am wondering how the license plate will bolt on.
Will it be viewable ? will cops hassle me? It looks as if the lic plate will be slanted too much.

Help!

Don
2001 XR650L

• jbird710

Posted August 24, 2006 - 06:28 PM

Check "My Garage". Cops just wave at me.

• xr-jorger

Posted August 24, 2006 - 09:23 PM

http://i43.photobuck...er/100_0711.jpg
this is similar, I made it myself with a light from ebay, its led and bright enough, I've never had a problem

• taddow

Posted August 25, 2006 - 06:16 AM

No hassles from police. The stock fender (and mine from Maier) provides enough angle to bolt the plate directly on. Have a look:

http://www.4strokes.....asp?ImgID=1861

Both the light and the rubber plate gasket came from 4strokes only, although people have had varied success receiving things in a timely manner from them (him).

Hope this helps. -T.

• justicedone

Posted August 25, 2006 - 05:48 PM

I have some pics in my garage, its from "4 strokes Only" and works bitchen, I also ordered the rubber to mount the plate to the fender so it doesnt rattle and come loose..since it was cheap.

• Dual_Dog

Posted August 25, 2006 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone have a picture of their fender with the low profile brake/tail light? I am wondering how the license plate will bolt on.
Will it be viewable ? will cops hassle me? It looks as if the lic plate will be slanted too much.

Help!

Don
2001 XR650L

Here's some "help." This Maier small XR-style brake/ tail light set up on my '98 XRL is not DOT approved but it is very bright for how small it is. I've never been stopped nor even had a much more than a second look from the cops with this one.

Made my own license plate back plate out of some scrap FRP off a job-site attaching it with bolts through rubber grommets. Very solid & the plate stays in tact even when beating the crap out of it off-road.

Posted Image

I've seen much less "DOT legal" light combos on lots of street rockets & other choppers...

• Ladge

Posted August 25, 2006 - 06:54 PM

Just rivet the plate onto the fender below the light. You've got the plate, so if it's visible then the cops shouldn't give you grief.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • texsurfer

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:50 PM

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=161737

my post with pics on advrider regarding this... 650r but close enough maybe

• dbracht

Posted August 26, 2006 - 07:06 AM

http://i55.photobuck...acht/Pic243.jpg

Bought the taillight and led turnsignals locally. Not sure of the brand.

• pigryder

Posted August 27, 2006 - 05:14 AM

Here's some "help." This Maier small XR-style brake/ tail light set up on my '98 XRL is not DOT approved but it is very bright for how small it is. I've never been stopped nor even had a much more than a second look from the cops with this one.

Made my own license plate back plate out of some scrap FRP off a job-site attaching it with bolts through rubber grommets. Very solid & the plate stays in tact even when beating the crap out of it off-road.

Posted Image

I've seen much less "DOT legal" light combos on lots of street rockets & other choppers...

Hey guys I have one of these I bought new and didnt use anyone want to buy it?

• Pounce

Posted August 27, 2006 - 11:25 PM

600R, aussie style.

Posted Image

• desert4seat

Posted August 28, 2006 - 06:49 PM

fender here's a pic of my L with a crf450 rear fender during mock-up.
another shot
I used the Baja Designs rear LED brake/tail/plate light combo...and what a waste of cash!
Ironically broke...
In Baja...
After a 225 mile ride! (That’s a total of 700 off-road miles with that Baja Designs light)
After doing some research, I noticed that many other guys have the same problem...the brake light goes out, and all that works is the tail/plate light.
Looks cool, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

• martinfan30

Posted August 03, 2008 - 06:49 PM

how much do you want for it with shipping? Im interested

I advise you check post dates before offering to buy something(which is a :ride: ).

Thanks.

Rich

• Denn10

Posted August 03, 2008 - 09:16 PM

mine just like dualdog just aftermarket signals, damn old threads revised by some non paying attention dork LOL i bit HAHA ima dork too!!
Posted Image

• Rascal560

Posted August 03, 2008 - 09:21 PM

Is this low profile enough?Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.