Neoprene Washer on Drain Bolt (650L)

6 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted August 24, 2006 - 03:41 AM

Has anyone used a neoprene washer on the side oil drain bolt? I just put a new metal washer on because it was dripping very slow from the side drain bolt. After the new washer it is still dripping. Just wondering if anyone uses the blue neoprene washers?

• TARFELE

Posted August 26, 2006 - 04:31 AM

I figured at least one smartass would put something!

• CTXr650L

Posted August 26, 2006 - 04:34 AM

my bike only has 120 miles on it, i havent even changed the oil yet... so havent experienced any leaking problem yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted August 26, 2006 - 06:05 AM

No leak on mine,and I have switched it over to amagnetic one. The drain for the oil res. leaks alittle.

• cleonard

Posted August 26, 2006 - 06:29 AM

Take the drain bolt with you to an autoparts store and get a washer. Neoprene is too soft and will tear under the bolt. There are two main kinds that are not metal. First is plastic, it's harder than neoprene. THe second is a fiber type. Either will work. Since they are softer than metal, they don't last forever. You have to replace them every 5 or so oil changes.

• frankiewhipit

Posted August 26, 2006 - 07:07 AM

They do make metal drain plug gaskets with neoprene centers ( oem on american cars ) they work well :thumbsup:

• TARFELE

Posted August 26, 2006 - 12:30 PM

Thanks guys, I have some of the blue plastic drain plug washers but I was wondering about the neoprene. I will try the plastic.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.