White Brothers E2 Rubbing on rear wheel

15 replies to this topic
  • muddza

Posted August 24, 2006 - 12:55 AM

Has anyone else had this occur? Spent AUS $700 on a pipe that rubs on the back wheel. I am thinking that I may have twisted the sub-frame in my loop out that bent my original pipe, although everything lines up and it doesn't seem like it. I'm about to add a spacer or two to the mounting points to solve this. :thumbsup:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted August 24, 2006 - 04:32 AM

i just asked this question myself because i thought the reason was my spring was cut shorter by the origional owner.

The answer i was given that seemed the cheapest was to jam a bunch of washers or something to gap the can away from the tire.

good luck :thumbsup:

• kid on a 426

Posted August 24, 2006 - 07:35 PM

i just asked this question myself because i thought the reason was my spring was cut shorter by the origional owner.

The answer i was given that seemed the cheapest was to jam a bunch of washers or something to gap the can away from the tire.

good luck :thumbsup:

Thats the hokey way to fix it. If your pipe is rubbing then your subframe is bent. Just bend it back or get a new one.

• David37

Posted August 24, 2006 - 07:54 PM

I had the same problem on my WB E2 pipe. I purchased a longer bolt and used a 3/8" wide spacer where the muffler bolts to the subframe. I used an old inner bearing (perfect sized spacer) left over from a recent rebuild of the lower rear shock bearing.

• Way Fast Whitey

Posted August 24, 2006 - 08:03 PM

mine rubs too, its the aluminum pro 2, its got a bunch of tire marks, makes you wonder. :thumbsup:

i was gonna throw in some washers, but the marks come off so i'll leave it

• muddza

Posted August 25, 2006 - 12:16 AM

mine rubs too, its the aluminum pro 2, its got a bunch of tire marks, makes you wonder. :thumbsup:

i was gonna throw in some washers, but the marks come off so i'll leave it

Makes you wonder alright. I think I will do the washer thing.

• Way Fast Whitey

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:14 AM

Makes you wonder alright. I think I will do the washer thing.

i thought about it and screw the washer thing. I'm gonna go cut something on the lathe right away :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:53 AM

That will work - my Alum Pro2 does not rub on my 06 - I use stock rear tire size

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Raven1911

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:53 AM

Something to cosider too is if you have a wider tire on the back of the bike. If its wider than the stock tire then it will be more likely to rub. Otherwise use the washer to space it out. Its not a hokey thing to do. I did it on my bike and you can't even see it.

:thumbsup:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted August 25, 2006 - 08:51 AM

Its not a hokey thing to do. :thumbsup:

thanks...kid hurt my feelings :ride:

• Way Fast Whitey

Posted August 25, 2006 - 08:56 AM

That will work - my Alum Pro2 does not rub on my 06 - I use stock rear tire size

i think the millville has big side lugs, so this may be the problem :thumbsup:

• muddza

Posted August 25, 2006 - 12:04 PM

I just put on a new Michelin Starcross, but kept the original size, so this shouldn't be the problem.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 25, 2006 - 12:43 PM

I just put on a new Michelin Starcross, but kept the original size, so this shouldn't be the problem.

ahhhhhhhhhh yes! my favorite tires MS3's

• jr_vw2

Posted August 25, 2006 - 03:52 PM

My E2 rubs too. I used the spacer that came with it....the one you are suposed to use to space your number plate (yz426) it is about 3/8 thick and the tire STILL rubs. guess I need to add more to it.

• Way Fast Whitey

Posted August 25, 2006 - 05:02 PM

My E2 rubs too. I used the spacer that came with it....the one you are suposed to use to space your number plate (yz426) it is about 3/8 thick and the tire STILL rubs. guess I need to add more to it.

i forgot about that thing, now that you mentioned it i'm gona go put it in :thumbsup:

• muddza

Posted August 28, 2006 - 12:04 AM

That spacer didn't do squat

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.