New Bike

3 replies to this topic
  • richgiffen

Posted August 23, 2006 - 11:30 PM

Just purchased today. 1994 XR650l, electric start, air cooled, 7860 orig. miles, Supertrap exausht, everything else bone stock!!! Bike seems great, and got it at a great price. i plan on keeping it for a while. What should I know about the bike?? What years are they the same?? Is it 1994-present xr650l's the same bike?? what should I get for it??

• richgiffen

Posted August 23, 2006 - 11:33 PM

Where can I get a repair manual for that bike??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nxridge

Posted August 24, 2006 - 03:12 AM

I bought a half decent "Clymer" manual at the dealer for about 20 bucks.
Yeah , there all the same bikes .

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 24, 2006 - 08:04 AM

Just purchased today. 1994 XR650l, electric start, air cooled, 7860 orig. miles, Supertrap exausht, everything else bone stock!!! Bike seems great, and got it at a great price. i plan on keeping it for a while. What should I know about the bike?? What years are they the same?? Is it 1994-present xr650l's the same bike?? what should I get for it??

The XR650L is slmost identical to the XR600R serries, and ALL XR650Ls, and 90~the last XR600R are all basically the same. What are you wanting to do? If up-grading the suspension is your gaol, or one of them, a set of USD 90~I think 92 front forks I hear are a bolt on.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.