06' WR450 fender, swingarm and lower fork graphics

2 replies to this topic
  • drtbkfan

Posted August 23, 2006 - 02:49 PM

Are the 06' YZF and WR front fenders, swingarms and lower fork guards the same shape? I'd like to get some graphics for the front fender, swingarm and lower fork guards on my 06 WR450, but all the catalogs only list the YZFs and I'm not sure what will fit or not. It seems as tho' the 05-06 WRs are the same while the 06' YZF is listed separately from the earlier models. Which YZF graphics will fit an 06' WR450? Thanks!

-drtbkfan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yaugh1

Posted August 23, 2006 - 03:46 PM

MIne is an '04 (diiferent all around to yours) and when I was looking for graphics the front fender and swingarm were the same as the YZ. The shrouds and lower fork guards were different. I believe the only difference in the fork guards is the right side where the odometer cable is attached- other than I think thy're the same. One way to check is to go to yamaha.com and search the parts catalog and compare part numbers to diffreent bikes. Worked for me. I would bet that many of the '06 YZ parts would fit yours.

• nitronaf

Posted August 24, 2006 - 11:04 AM

MIne is an '04 (diiferent all around to yours) and when I was looking for graphics the front fender and swingarm were the same as the YZ. The shrouds and lower fork guards were different. I believe the only difference in the fork guards is the right side where the odometer cable is attached- other than I think thy're the same. One way to check is to go to yamaha.com and search the parts catalog and compare part numbers to diffreent bikes. Worked for me. I would bet that many of the '06 YZ parts would fit yours.

nah the fork guards all together are different
YZF ones are alot slimmer and streamlined, WR has big fat cankle guards that are squarish (yzf are good for supermoto btw)
well at least for 04-05yz,05-06wr
PS 06 YZF is a totally different bike so in terms of graphic kits it wont fit becuz of the shrouds moslty(they wrap around the whole tank, front to seat)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.