Hot start conversion

3 replies to this topic
  • YZ426F Rider

Posted August 23, 2006 - 02:46 PM

I just installed a Hotcams auto-decompression exhaust cam in my '02 426 :thumbsup:. Now that I don't need the compression release lever on the bars I want to replace the hot start knob on the carb with a hot start lever on the bars.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a good aftermarket kit or should I just go with the OEM setup from, say, an '03 450? Is the carb on the '02 426 the same as the carb on the '03 450's?

• grayracer513

Posted August 23, 2006 - 04:27 PM

I just installed a Hotcams auto-decompression exhaust cam in my '02 426 :thumbsup:. Now that I don't need the compression release lever on the bars I want to replace the hot start knob on the carb with a hot start lever on the bars.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is there a good aftermarket kit or should I just go with the OEM setup from, say, an '03 450? Is the carb on the '02 426 the same as the carb on the '03 450's?

The '03/onward OEM setup won't work as far as I know. The carbs are different. Dubach Racing Development makes a good kit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted August 23, 2006 - 05:37 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=405621
Thanks Gray

• mxgene

Posted August 23, 2006 - 05:43 PM

I installed the same cam on my '00 YZ426.

Talk about easy starting and perfect fit...

I will be installing the Dr.D hot start kit soon as well...I hope.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.