Hour meter vs distance?

2 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted August 23, 2006 - 11:17 AM

I've only recently discovered my odometer isn't entirely accurate.

There must be a couple of teeth missing off one of the cogs in the speedo or something, as it's not ticking over all the time, which is a worry as I do my oil changes according to the speedo reading.

I've had it fixed but also bought a motominder hour meter as a backup. I normally change my oil every 500kms. What does this equate to roughly in running hours?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vader3d

Posted August 25, 2006 - 10:54 PM

Interesting question...

Probably depends on the riding terain.. I use the measure of Tanks of fuel.

Ride slow there is less wear but uses less fuel, Ride fast more fuel..

I use the measure of 5 tanks of fuel which is +- 500km.

This works very well for my Quad with no ODO...

• Beejay

Posted August 26, 2006 - 03:58 AM

I normally change my oil every 500kms. What does this equate to roughly in running hours?

At 500km/h to 1 hour & at 10km/h to 50 hours :ride: best to use Vader3d formula :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.