How did you mount the Hour/Tach on you're bikes?

14 replies to this topic
  • barch88

Posted August 23, 2006 - 10:25 AM

I just picked up one from the dealer today, measures RPM's and Hours, I don't get how to mount this now...since I can't go around the spark plug itself obviously because its down in the engine...I was wondering if you guy's like wrap it around the black spark plug cap or what?

• Reyndogg

Posted August 23, 2006 - 11:34 AM

to to my garage, click the sendec mod thing and you'll see pics of how it's all set up on mine.

this link may work... http://www.thumperta...ewmod&mid=16531

good luck

• KJ790

Posted August 23, 2006 - 11:48 AM

I run mine into my airbox and use velcrow with tape on the back. That way I can move it if I want and it is tucked away nice and neat.

• barch88

Posted August 23, 2006 - 11:57 AM

to to my garage, click the sendec mod thing and you'll see pics of how it's all set up on mine.

this link may work... http://www.thumperta...ewmod&mid=16531

good luck

Alright, so you just mounted it, then ran the wire around the spark plug wire(s), zip tied them a couple times, down to the black thing...then you just wrapped it all around there?

It works good?

THANKS A LOT, I will try it out, grab a few more zip ties...thanks.

• barch88

Posted August 23, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Thanks man, working great. One quesiton though, manual says 1900~2100 RPM, Mine was High, so I adjusted it down to around 1950~2000, but when I pull the choke out it's at like 2600RPM, is this normal?

• Reyndogg

Posted August 23, 2006 - 01:51 PM

No idea - i dont have a tach on mine... i run the idle pretty low, though.

the way i mounted mine still works fine. never had to touch it - 57.9 hrs and counting.

• yz_for_me

Posted August 23, 2006 - 01:59 PM

I run mine into my airbox and use velcrow with tape on the back. That way I can move it if I want and it is tucked away nice and neat.

I did the same thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted August 26, 2006 - 04:30 AM

barch- I have some pics floating around here somewhere of how I wrapped the wire around the coil, do a search and if you can't find it let me know. I zip-tied my meter to my throttle cables, for whatever reason the sticky tape I had did not want to stay stuck to my frame. It sounds kind of hoky, but it's actually pretty sano looking- I can get a pic of that too if you want.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 26, 2006 - 06:09 AM

barch- I have some pics floating around here somewhere of how I wrapped the wire around the coil, do a search and if you can't find it let me know. I zip-tied my meter to my throttle cables, for whatever reason the sticky tape I had did not want to stay stuck to my frame. It sounds kind of hoky, but it's actually pretty sano looking- I can get a pic of that too if you want.

me too - ziptied to throttle cables works great. I have several friends that lost theirs with the tape/velcro method

• barch88

Posted August 26, 2006 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, it's all done. I also ran 2 zip ties through the holes on the Meter instend of using the Velcro or screws, this way I know it won't fall off, and I won't have to drill into my frame. I will post some pictures of the bike next week, I ordered a bunch of GYTR hard parts, and bars, and just a bunch of stuff for it, so it will be a whole new bike.

I just zip tied the wire to the spark plug wire(s), then wrapped it around the cap, like Reyndogg did. Works great, looks great, and thanks for the help agian everyone!

• kxman

Posted August 26, 2006 - 06:38 PM

I mounted mine in the bar pad. Mine has a tach and with it mounted this way I can watch the RPM's as I adjust the fuel screw and idle screw.

• rollyCA

Posted September 13, 2006 - 09:43 PM

I mounted mine in the bar pad. Mine has a tach and with it mounted this way I can watch the RPM's as I adjust the fuel screw and idle screw.

What brand is it? where did you buy it? how much you paid for it?
Thanks

• kxman

Posted September 14, 2006 - 02:00 AM

It is a Sendec. Bought it on Ebay for twenty something.

• Gatorbiker

Posted September 14, 2006 - 04:15 AM

An easier solution is to buy a small GPS (Garmin forerunner is the size of a Timex watch or your Tach). Not only it will give you all the info you need (speed, distance, average speed, etc.) plus you can use it to backtrack and put waypoints. :thumbsup:

You can "velcro it" to your bars. However the very small one do not have the capacity to upload maps.

http://www.garmin.co.../forerunner101/

• barch88

Posted September 14, 2006 - 08:53 AM

An easier solution is to buy a small GPS (Garmin forerunner is the size of a Timex watch or your Tach). Not only it will give you all the info you need (speed, distance, average speed, etc.) plus you can use it to backtrack and put waypoints. :thumbsup:

You can "velcro it" to your bars. However the very small one do not have the capacity to upload maps.

http://www.garmin.co.../forerunner101/

That would be good for trail riders, me however, MX only...I don't think I will get lost.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.