Location for carrying tyre levers on the WR

6 replies to this topic
  • Garry

Posted November 26, 2001 - 04:29 PM

Hi,
In order to carry tyre levers, I previously attached them to the front downtube of the frame of my XR… this is not possible on the WR… so..

Does anyone have a convenient location/method for the attachment to tyre levers on the WR, so that they don't have to be carried in a backpack?

Cheers
Garry

• willy_fitz

Posted November 26, 2001 - 05:17 PM

I use a Moose Racing fender bag to carry a front tube and my tire irons when going on extended trail rides. You probably already know this but I carry just a front tube since in an emergency you can use it in either the front or the rear to get you out of the woods.

Willy

• BlueThunder

Posted November 26, 2001 - 08:38 PM

Good call Willy....Moose fender bag with 3 short irons and a 21" tube. Hand pump(bicycle) for inexhaustible air supply. :)

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: BlueThunder ]

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: BlueThunder ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • imported_Scott_H

Posted November 26, 2001 - 09:28 PM

I also use this same setup. I carry a front tube, patch kit, three 6” tire irons, a couple of rags wrapped around a tire gauge, four CO2 bottles and some zip ties. I was little skeptical at first about the bag staying attached to the front fender, but I have never had a problem with it coming loose. I had a fairly big get-off at this year’s LA-B2V when I hit a large boulder hiding behind a bush at 40+ mph. It launched me over the bars, the bike cart-wheeled and bounced off the front end pretty heavily. The impact shredded the fender forward of where the moose bag was attached. I was amazed the bag was still in place. I’ll try posting a picture of the damage when I get the film developed.

• crazyadam

Posted November 27, 2001 - 05:16 AM

I don't bother with the spares on the WR, I just go fast enough to go over every thing (ha ha)
But my TT350 has a 8" pair of levers attached to the rear fender,above the muffler, with some wing nuts. (drilled 2 holes in them)
I think the WR may get a pair of mousse foam inserts next year!

• mcarp

Posted November 27, 2001 - 05:21 AM

I might add Moose makes several fender bags--one is the Dual Sport which is much larger than the normal fender pack. There's another one that is IMHO too large which bolts to the fender.

I don't carry tire changing stuff with me, but the dual sport bag is big enough for a small toolkit, powerbars, smokes, keys, tubes,irons etc.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 27, 2001 - 06:36 AM

Garry, I also use a Moose fender bag as well. But I dont care to weigh the bike down even more with putting the irons on the bike. I prefer to carry 2 tire irons in my fanny pack and I place them flat against my back. I couldnt imagine riding my bike without a fanny pack. Also, the fanny pack with all my tools rests on the seat when I ride sitting down so it's not like your putting alot of stress on your back during the whole ride.

I run the Bridgestone "Extra" heavy duty tubes with Slime in them, Yes they do weigh the bike down, but I would do almost anything not to change a tube out during a race or ride, after hundreds of miles I havnt gotten any flats yet. You should look into that. It will give you peace of mind too.

Good Luck!!!!

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.