07 Wr 450

10 replies to this topic
  • JRAMBO

Posted August 22, 2006 - 03:32 PM

Anybody going to pick up a new WR they look so AWESOME I would love to pick one up. :thumbsup: :applause: :applause: :ride:

• jackofall

Posted August 22, 2006 - 09:18 PM

I'm waiting to see how the run and compare to my 04 WR.

• clark4131

Posted August 23, 2006 - 07:03 AM

I'm over my morbid fear of aluminum, but the decreased oil capacity does have me a touch concerned. If someone is going to dual sport an '07, oil changes every other day may be the trade off, but who knows. The reviews on the '07 CRF are starting to come out in the industry rags. I figure they'll be out for the WR in the next month or two. Not that they're the gospel in any sense, but I'd like to see what the "pros" think. They are pretty though...SC

• JRAMBO

Posted August 23, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Damn I sure would like to test ride one our dealer here in Napa might let me check one out for a weekend but not till November -December After he rides it.As long as they are as dependable like they are now should be an AWESOME bike.

• johnnyjeep

Posted August 24, 2006 - 02:39 AM

I only got my 06 in May. I dont think the frame is a big enough issue to make taking such a big $$ hit on changing up right now. When FI comes out, then there will be some serious thought.

John in Vegas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nitronaf

Posted August 24, 2006 - 11:23 AM

I only got my 06 in May. I dont think the frame is a big enough issue to make taking such a big $$ hit on changing up right now. When FI comes out, then there will be some serious thought.

John in Vegas

my thoughts aswell
maybe aftermarket will make a bigger oil tank? o_O
when FI comes whats next?
only thing i can think of is pnueumatic valve lifters :thumbsup:

• ncmountainman

Posted August 24, 2006 - 11:35 AM

my thoughts aswell
maybe aftermarket will make a bigger oil tank? o_O
when FI comes whats next?
only thing i can think of is pnueumatic valve lifters :ride:

rotary valves,hydraulic drive,magnetic fluid suspension..... :thumbsup:

• msgbean

Posted August 24, 2006 - 06:23 PM

What makes you think is has reduced oil capacity?

• clark4131

Posted August 24, 2006 - 08:12 PM

It ain't much less but it is less, 100ml. Not a big deal if you're running 3 or more quarts, but at these RPMs with such a small capacity to begin with, every bit counts. The CRF's tranny problems were mostly due to their low oil volume, expecially when dual-sported. Honda "cured" the problem by reprinting their owner's manuals with 100ml added to the original spec...SC

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 24, 2006 - 09:11 PM

Has anyone noticed the increased number or wr450's for sale these days?

Dual sporting with less oil is not a good thing.

Since they are currently layiing the smack down on dual sport "cheaters" here in Cali, I can envision it getting harder and harder.

I don't really care about the new frame too much, probably because my current bike rides pretty damn well. I would trade for a factory dual sport WR though. If they don't come up with it soon enough, I might have to buy red.

Not red as in Honda red, but red as in light weight, great handling, factory dual-sport, California plated Husky red (and white).

• windaddiction

Posted August 24, 2006 - 09:16 PM

+1 for FI I cant wait gotta love it in bc you can pretty much ride whatever u want on the road lol

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.