2000 WR400 Water Crossings

2 replies to this topic
  • 2tall2tall

Posted August 22, 2006 - 10:07 AM

Just returned from a week of riding in Colorado with my 2000 WR400, and had some problems at water crossings. It seems that when I cross streams or rivers about axle deep or more, the motor will die. It usually will restart fairly easy after one or two kicks, but I would like to cure the problem. There is no water entering the air box, which leads me to think that the problem is electrical. The speed that I cross the water does not seem to matter either, as the problem occurs at super slow speeds as well. Should I spray WD40 on the plug and coil wires before riding for the day? Other than that, the bike rips and is a blast to ride, even at 12,000 feet elevation. I don't recall having this problem in previous years of riding the bike. Any thoughts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lowry

Posted August 22, 2006 - 10:39 AM

do a search for swamp proofing or vent tubes, you'll find tons of info like I did.

• 2tall2tall

Posted August 23, 2006 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I did not realize that there was so much discussion of the subject. Next time I'll do a search before I do a post.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.