'01 WR 426f Jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • Mark_Rendahl

Posted November 26, 2001 - 09:46 AM

I just installed a DSP Stainless exhaust system (header pipe, mid pipe and exhaust) on my bike. When I called DSP to get the jetting specs they recommend, they weren't very helpful because they get more inquiries for the YZ and haven't dealt with the WR as much.
So I was wondering if anyone who has the same pipe could lead me in the right direction.
I am currently running stock jeting with the top of the airbox removed as well as the throttle stop and I ride at sea level. Let me know....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bajabunk

Posted November 27, 2001 - 07:20 AM

I am running the same pipe on mine and am using a 172. I have also removed the airbox lid. I ride mainly in the Las Vegas area so I'm a couple thousand feet higher than sea level.

• Scott_in_KC

Posted November 27, 2001 - 12:47 PM

Well, first how does it run with stock jetting? There is SOOOO much more to be gained by simply changing the needle & jets WITHOUT a pipe. You might not notice a whole hell of a lot unless you get an richer needle in there. It's just not going to get the fuel with that fat stock needle regardless of what main you put in.

What year WR?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.