Core

4 replies to this topic
  • BRP-rider

Posted August 21, 2006 - 12:42 PM

Anyone ever removed the core out of their stock yz426f muffler?
How is it done?

Thanks

• GONE1445

Posted August 21, 2006 - 12:55 PM

are you talking about the packing?? if so just drill out the rivets that hold the end cap on and if your gonna ride where you need a spark arrestor then that would be a good time to get a PMB end cap

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRP-rider

Posted August 21, 2006 - 02:29 PM

Doesn't the 426 already not have a spark arrestor or does the packing contain a spark arrestor?

If the packing is removed will it be a lot louder?

Will it lean out the air/fuel mixture?

Once the rivets are drilled out can new rivets be put back on to re-mount the end cap?

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2006 - 02:33 PM

No.

Obnoxiously loud, yes.

Maybe

Yes

• YZ426F Rider

Posted August 21, 2006 - 05:51 PM

are you talking about the packing?? if so just drill out the rivets that hold the end cap on and if your gonna ride where you need a spark arrestor then that would be a good time to get a PMB end cap

Replace the packing and if you need a aprk arrestor then I agree with Gone1445...I have a Pro-Moto Billet spark arrestor/end cap and it looks and sounds way better than the stock endcap.

As far as the packing is concerned, I have heard that not having packing in there actually makes the bike bike not run as well but I'm not a big technical guy...Gray could answer that question much better than I. All I know is that loud pipes suck and actually distract me when riding. Less sound = more ground.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.