Exhaust compromises

2 replies to this topic
  • lowry

Posted August 21, 2006 - 11:27 AM

I've had a gytr insert in my stock '01 wr426 muffler since I've had the bike. It fell out this weekend and I forgot what a difference it makes. I really enjoyed the extra power increase and the sound but I know it's way too loud. I don't want to be annoying with loud exhaust but I would like something that sounds a little better and has a little better performance then what I'm getting with that insert. Should I try out a PMB insert or has anyone modified their gytr one? I wonder what would happen if I cut back some length on the tubes?

I would imagine I would probably be the most satisfied with a new muffler but I can't spend the cash at the moment.
Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygoat

Posted August 22, 2006 - 06:07 AM

I think Quietproducts (www.quietiscool.com) already has your solution. I've seen several people talk about their oversize insert.

• Yama4Stroker

Posted August 22, 2006 - 09:08 AM

I have the 02 wr426 with the gytr insert. Not satisfied with the performance, I knocked the three tubes out of the aluminum end, then got a piece of thin wall stainless pipe that fit the into the aluminum piece (very tight fit even with heating the aluminum and freezing the stainless). Then I cut it to the length of the middle of the three tubes on the original piece. It is still quiet, but performance picked up a little and it doesn't seem to get so hot at the muffler.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.