YZ 426 Spewing Gas from Carb

5 replies to this topic
  • jdswanny

Posted August 21, 2006 - 10:00 AM

01- YZ426

In the last few months the carburator will spew gas out of the overflow hose? after you kick on it a few times and/or after you have ridden for a while and stop to rest. It will even do it if the engine is on while stopped in low rpm. Any suggestions.

• socksahoy

Posted August 21, 2006 - 10:15 AM

The float is probably stuck, or there is some dirt or junk in the little needle valve assembly that the float opens and closes. I would take the carb off and pull the pin that the float pivits on, then blow out the place where the needle travels up and down with some compressed air.

• jdswanny

Posted August 21, 2006 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. I tried and even replaced the needle valve set.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BergRyder

Posted August 22, 2006 - 08:22 PM

There is a rubber o ring inside the carb that will wear out and leak gas. The deterioration of the o ring is much faster with race gas. Replace the o ring and you should be ok. Happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

• jbrooks26

Posted August 22, 2006 - 08:41 PM

You will also want to check the float height while you are in there. Hope this helps.

Josh

• jdswanny

Posted August 23, 2006 - 01:59 PM

Thanks guys. Did the float height last night. Where is the O-Ring you are talking about????

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.