XR600 tank problems

1 reply to this topic
  • DeLorean623

Posted August 20, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hey all,

I've got a 1995 XR600. I bought a stubby fuel vent hose for it, but something was wrong with the hose and it wasn't allowing any fumes to escape the tank. I realized this when the seam on the left side of the tank, a couple inches above the fuel valve was cracked. I put the stock hose back on, hoping this would fix the problem. It did until today.

After riding today, and parking the bike, the hose was pinched shut when the handlebars were turned all the way left. I didn't realize this, of course, until the already weakened seam burst, dumping all my fuel onto the garage floor.

My question is this....
Will I need to buy a new tank, or can this be repaired?
I was considering a bigger tank, but at this point in time, I can't afford one (in the middle of a move) but I need the bike.
Thanks!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 21, 2006 - 07:54 AM

No, you can't fix a plastic tank and have it remain reliable. I will do you a favor though. I have a 5 gallon plastic Acerbis tank that I painted black that needs to have the stickers and paint stripped off. If you want it you can have it until you can afford it as long as it doesn't take months to pay for it. I'll sell it for $100.00 less petcock and mounts which you need off of your stock tank. Ill let you have it now if you can pay me within a couple months....sound good? This is providing you live in the US....do you? WAIT!! I see you also live in New MExico, so do I, are you moving out of NM?

my email

sniperx@netscape.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.