Where do I find a quality top triple clamp for my L?

13 replies to this topic
  • rebelventurer

Posted August 20, 2006 - 06:14 PM

Any body out there have an aftermarket top clamp on there L model I am looking to upgrade from my stock bendamatic bars to ProTapers and I need a new top clampwith some adjustability as far as bar mounts go. please help Thanks :thumbsup:

• 52wheelz

Posted August 20, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Check out Applied Racing. Their web address is appliedrace.com

I would call them first to make sure their triple clamp works on the L. If I remember correctly, that is what I put on my 2002 XR650L.

• rebelventurer

Posted August 20, 2006 - 07:17 PM

Thanks 52wheels it looks like the R is covered by applied, I would have to at the least mount igition key elsewhere, I am still open to reccomendations, Thanks to all! :thumbsup:

• Motorrider

Posted August 20, 2006 - 08:53 PM

To avoid the problem of finding a new triple clamp, I just bought the new Pro Taper standard bars, they fit right in the clamps, and I got all the controls on with ease. They come with the cross bar and pad for about $70.00. Just a thought.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted August 20, 2006 - 09:27 PM

Or you can do one of the adapter dealios. It was discussed here recently - http://www.thumperta...260#post3674260
I went with the adapter because i didn't want to relocate all the dash crap but wanted the bars higher and farther forward. I still stayed with 7/8" bars, just good quality ones.

• TREADMARKS

Posted August 21, 2006 - 02:56 AM

RSW makes an awesome billet top triple clamp with key and speedo mound for the L.

I had one and it looked great, and they make a matching fork brace that works great as well.

• rebelventurer

Posted August 21, 2006 - 04:13 AM

Thats the one I am looking for. I thought I saw one like that on ebay recently, but have been able to find it now, can you give me further info to find RSW? Thanks :ride: :applause: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted August 21, 2006 - 04:23 AM

RSW makes an awesome billet top triple clamp with key and speedo mound for the L.

I had one and it looked great, and they make a matching fork brace that works great as well.

Did treadmarks get rid of his XRL?

• ghoti

Posted August 21, 2006 - 04:47 AM

Thats the one I am looking for. I thought I saw one like that on ebay recently, but have been able to find it now, can you give me further info to find RSW? Thanks :ride: :applause: :thumbsup:

www.rswracing.com

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted August 21, 2006 - 05:16 AM

Did treadmarks get rid of his XRL?

MMMMmmm... i dont think so.

Just upgraded the front end i think, went all supermoto on us too.

:thumbsup:

• TREADMARKS

Posted August 21, 2006 - 10:08 AM

MMMMmmm... i dont think so.

Just upgraded the front end i think, went all supermoto on us too.

:thumbsup:

H E Doublehockysticks no. Like Happy said, I went tard on ya! :applause:

Street tard that is. :applause:

Swimmin pools, movie stars... :applause:

I did the USD conversion on my L, and liked it so much that I just put a deposit down on a Buell Ulysses. 103 hp and only 425 lbs :ride:

Its like half harley, and half XR.

My wife isn't very happy about a supercharged harley, Motard and a 1200cc adventurer tourer bogartin the garage, :applause: so one of the bikes, and a big box of parts has to go. :applause: Thats why I sold my triple clamp, fork brace and wheels to good fellow board members here.

Anyone lookin for a scary fast softail? Supercharged Night Train

• KCSavage

Posted August 21, 2006 - 10:39 AM

I installed Renthal Fatbars and a Moose Universal Clamp Kit. Purchased both from Dennis Kirk. The Moose clamp serves as a riser, bolts right in and seems to work fine.

• rebelventurer

Posted August 21, 2006 - 05:25 PM

Thanks ghoti, just what I needed, I will order them tomorrow. have a great one. :applause: :ride: :thumbsup:

• jbird710

Posted August 21, 2006 - 06:57 PM

BRP makes upper clamps http://www.brpit.com...le_clamps.html#

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.