Ok What bars?

12 replies to this topic
  • robsgt

Posted August 20, 2006 - 05:29 PM

I took a small spill yesterday and believe it or not bent the stock pro-tapers. I know everyone says to get a taller bend but I am 5'7 and the stock bend seemed to be ok. I'm just wondering if anyone has done the taller bars if it was a real big difference for a shorter person. Also anyone know whats up with the protaper evo bar? Oh yeah its an 06 yzf450.

• barch88

Posted August 20, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Just go with YZF bends.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 20, 2006 - 07:59 PM

I got the Twinwalls, I have always liked them better than the Pro Tapers and have never bent a set, and I have had plenty of opportunities. :thumbsup: I cant remember which bend they are, but they were slightly taller than stock. I love em.

• jamiehughes

Posted August 20, 2006 - 08:04 PM

i just put on the renthal fat bars in the charmichael high bend. they might be way too tall for you though, i'm 6-2. they seem to fit me well. i've had really good luck with the renthal fat bars. they seem to hold up to spills pretty good.

• Zique

Posted August 20, 2006 - 08:45 PM

I've had basically the same experience as jamie except mine are the tag big bars. They hold up real well and have a nice bend to them for me.

• barch88

Posted August 20, 2006 - 10:44 PM

I got the Twinwalls, I have always liked them better than the Pro Tapers and have never bent a set, and I have had plenty of opportunities. :thumbsup: I cant remember which bend they are, but they were slightly taller than stock. I love em.

Don't you need larger mounts or something for the Twinwalls? I was thinking about getting them, but someone told me that I need larger mounts, and just to get the regular 7/8" Renthals.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted August 21, 2006 - 03:00 AM

Don't you need larger mounts or something for the Twinwalls?

They are the same size as ProTapers 1-1/8"

• adamdf

Posted August 21, 2006 - 05:45 AM

I am running the pro taper Reed/Henry bend on my 06 yz250F, i love them, i am about 5'9- 5 '10

• aedwards07

Posted August 21, 2006 - 07:54 AM

Renthal Twinwall in the Whindham bend.

• robsgt

Posted August 21, 2006 - 12:35 PM

I've never ridden with twinwalls but I think I read in a magazine that they have some kind of rigid feel in them. Did any of you notice this? I was thinking about getting these also because I like the blue set. I was leaning towards thr protapers because I have their throttle tube and with a different brand bars you have to buy some kind of bushing, but it is only like 5$. I was just worried about having some kind of bushing like that on my throttle (more moving parts to have to worry about).

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted August 21, 2006 - 01:16 PM

If you want tough bars that are supposed to reduce vibration and will most likely never bend on you....buy the renthal twinwalls. They are expensive and require bigger bar clamps but they wont let you down and they have a lifetime warranty. I have never owned pro taper big bars but I think they are better bars as far as vibration and arm pump goes but they arent as tough and have no warranty.

I can say I have had someone land on top of the left side of my twinwalls. A DUMBASS KID ON A CRF250 and they did not bend

• Drfletcherdc

Posted August 21, 2006 - 02:32 PM

Renthal Twin Wall blue Henry/Stewart Bend. They fit the stock triple clamp are feel pretty much like the Pro Tapers.

• ingramo

Posted August 22, 2006 - 06:40 PM

I'm running the renthal fat bars, RC bend and I haven't had any problems with them. No bends yet and I've given them a couple chances.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.