Need to rebuild top end of wr426

No replies to this topic
  • Diego

Posted August 20, 2006 - 04:06 PM

I did a search of the site for info on this subject but it was too busy and kept kicking me out. Help! Had some problems with the bike not running well so I bought a JD jet kit and installed as directed. It didn't help, so frustrated I took the bike to a well recomended mechanic and he tore into it and discovered that the bike's intake valves were shot and it was "popping" back through the intake. He said that it needed a top end rebuild and with the wear that he saw there he was assuming the there would be some issues with the bottom end as well. I am pretty good mechanically and have someone that can help me that has rebuilt several bikes but never a 426 so I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction.

thanks,
Diego

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.