2005 Wr450f Stock Exhaust Mod Help

4 replies to this topic
  • MORGR4

Posted August 20, 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help... I have a 05 WR450 and am trying to get more out of the stock exhaust. I have already installed the PMB insert but looking for more. My understanding is that you can remove the "baffles inside the can. How hard is this to do? Loud is really not an issue in my area and I'm just looking for that throaty sound with giddy up for cheap :thumbsup: !.

• WR_Dave

Posted August 20, 2006 - 03:05 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=349760 Complete with pics and instructions. WR Dave :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted August 20, 2006 - 03:37 PM

start by just removing the first baffle and try that, more power and only slightly more noise, if you want it to sound more like a YZ then remove both internal baffles....

• MORGR4

Posted August 20, 2006 - 03:56 PM

Is the first baffle the one you are looking at after taking off the endcap, about 6 allen heads, then the insert and spark arrestor, 4 allen heads, then removing the two rivets on the end of the can? and if so how hard is it to get it out?

• MountainMax

Posted August 20, 2006 - 04:10 PM

the baffle is further inside, after removing all the allen bolts and tip, arrester you will see a plate with two sleeves going through it to let sound through, that is welded into the inside outter edge of your muffler, you have to cut or grind the four weld tabs out, it's a little messy but doable.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.