Quickshot and MPG

2 replies to this topic
  • johnnyjeep

Posted August 20, 2006 - 06:55 AM

I finally got around to putting the Quickshot I got as a gift. It seems to work well, but on the first ride with it, I really miss judged my range. I went fron about 35mpg to 25mpg. I figure OK, I was up in the mtns, a lot of starting and stopping, a little showing off, ok I burned a lot of gas. I ran out and had to "barrow" some from an XR. The next tank was ridden on the street, and I still ran out at 26mpg. The bike is running great. Is this normal mpg with the quickshot or do I have some set wrong that Im not noticing? If this is normal, Im not too sure what little boost this gives is worth it.

John in Vegas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted August 20, 2006 - 01:45 PM

I don't see why a Quick Shot would make a significant change in fuel milage. I didn't notice any change when I put mine on.

• johnnyjeep

Posted August 21, 2006 - 12:21 PM

I guess I have been a little lax in the PM dept. I took the bike apart to do some work and clean it and found some stuff. First my air filter was a mess(mostly street use, let it go too long), it was filthy, plus I think I sprayed too filter oil on it. Im going to give it a ride now and see what the MPG is.

John in Vegas

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.