2006 owners

10 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted August 19, 2006 - 09:53 AM

I need to know if an oring chain will fit on a 2006?Basically just want to know if it will rub.I also would like to know if anyone has used the fastway pegs on there bike.I have my old set off my 2005 hondas and would like to swap them over.Someone told me on here that i would need a different collar.I looked on fastways website and couldnt find the collars by themselves for sale.ANy help would be much appreciated.Thanks!I have already ordered chain,filters and taller bars for my 2007,i cant wait.

• yzfireguy

Posted August 19, 2006 - 10:21 AM

I'm currently having problem putting on my fastway pegs in the low-boy position. But I was told in the standard position they should work. I just got my 06 three days ago and I'm dying to get out and tear it up. Good luck

• barch88

Posted August 19, 2006 - 11:29 AM

The Regina ORN6 chain is a great chain for the '06, if you want the O-Ring. I myself use a DID ERT2 Gold, also no rubbing, like the ORN6, and is a awesome chain as well.

Not sure on the pegs.

• david_32186

Posted August 19, 2006 - 11:54 AM

I have the Moose Racing O-Ring chain on my 2006 yz450 and havent had any issues.

• grayracer513

Posted August 19, 2006 - 12:52 PM

The Regina ORN6 is an excellent chain, goes for around $65, lasts over a year easily (the one on my '03 is now over 2 years old), and won't rub unless the rear wheel is misaligned.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted August 19, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the info fellas.I was wondering because they rub on honda 450's.I sure wish i could find out about the collars though.I guess i'll have to call fastway and talk to someone who would know.I still have to order radiator braces and a quickshot.By the way any added performance on with one of these.On my old honda it really made a difference.I'm going to get it good and broken in and then its off to get resprung and a white bros.M4 slipon.I cant wait!

• kyle450rider

Posted August 19, 2006 - 12:58 PM

Just thought i would add that i ordered a set of universal solex bars.Has anyone ran these and how did you like them.I got a smoken deal on them but was kind of worried about them cause i dont see to many people rockin em around here.

• barch88

Posted August 19, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Just thought i would add that i ordered a set of universal solex bars.Has anyone ran these and how did you like them.I got a smoken deal on them but was kind of worried about them cause i dont see to many people rockin em around here.

Are those the ones that look like the Renthal Fatbar? I notice freestyle riders use them, but never see them around the tracks.

• kyle450rider

Posted August 20, 2006 - 11:08 AM

Yes they look just like the protapers or the tag t2 bars.They are the oversized bars.They come in a cr high bend and i got a good deal on them.I was hoping someone on here would be able to give me a good report on them.

• yzkid

Posted August 20, 2006 - 10:58 PM

call fastway and they have a set of screws that can b counter sunk soo u can use the pegs in low boy position i did it was a pain but well worth it

i can take a pic if u wish

• Jamesman

Posted August 23, 2006 - 02:56 PM

I have the Moose Racing O-Ring chain on my 2006 yz450 and havent had any issues.

Me too...works great

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.