YamaKaze or anyone else w/odometer removed.

6 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR426

Posted November 25, 2001 - 04:02 PM

Yamakaze,
I saw that you removed your odometer, I pulled mine off also. But so far cannot find a satisfactory cap to cover the threaded housing into geardrive. Right now I've capped it with a Permatex cap.(Hey the blue matches!) Have you found anything that works well?

Thanks

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted November 25, 2001 - 04:23 PM

I used a vacuum cap, you can get one at your local auto parts store. They are cheap and work very well.
Dave

• Michael

Posted November 25, 2001 - 09:10 PM

I switched to a YZ spacer, and replaced the seal with the YZ seal. It is the cleanest way to go if you don't plan on running an Odometer.

If you do plan on switching back and forth - for $12-13 Zip-Ty has a nice plug, complete with o-ring seals.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted November 25, 2001 - 11:29 PM

i just found anything in the garage that worked. i cut some garden hose and then bunged the end of that instead!

Taffy

• YAMAKAZE

Posted November 26, 2001 - 03:41 AM

I went ahead and purchased the YZ spacer at the recommendation of Bill. The spacer looks just like the one between the fork and the wheel on the left side and takes about 10 seconds to install. This would be a good time to check the lubrication of your front wheel bearings as well.

If memory recalls the spacer was about $10.

Good luck....

Bonzai :)

• Bill

Posted November 26, 2001 - 02:54 PM

I opted for less unsprung weight and replaced the odo drive hub with the YZ spacer and seal. As per the Kamakaze. All of the suggestions above are viable options.

Bill :)

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 26, 2001 - 03:57 PM

Once again,
Thank's ALL

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.