Yoshimura RS-3SS complete system is LOUD

4 replies to this topic
  • bihaga

Posted August 18, 2006 - 03:47 PM

Hi! I've just mounted a new Yoshimura complete RS-3 Stainless steel system to my bike. When I started it I couldn't believe how loud it was. This is impossible to ride with. Does anyone have the same pipe and know if there is any accessories to make it less noisy? I rated it to around 120db 1meter away from the bike around 6-8000rpm. It idles around 100db.

• MountainMax

Posted August 18, 2006 - 05:32 PM

WoW that is loud, im not sure for that model but others have optional silent tips and mabye spark arrestors will help to quiet it down a little also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr_man

Posted August 19, 2006 - 09:25 AM

I ran the RS3 system for a while on my 426 ....it IS loud...but it also makes VERY good power....much better than the (quieter) acra' that I settled on....you pays your money ...ya gets your performance
PS the RS3 is very well made ...sold it to a buddy and he's still using it now...no problems

• RSWR450F

Posted August 19, 2006 - 02:20 PM

WR450 2006 with Leo Vince X3:

Rosta WR

• bihaga

Posted August 19, 2006 - 02:31 PM

I had a Leovince X3 titanium silencer on my previous wr426. Too bad I sold it bolted on. I thought the Yoshimura would be equvialent to it, but it´s not. Its very loud compared. Now I´ve ordered the TEC-KIT from thumpertalk store. Hope it quietes it down.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.