Sprocket order messed up..14/48????

5 replies to this topic
  • jgerdi

Posted August 18, 2006 - 03:07 PM

I believe stock is 13/49. When I called I told them stock # of teeth. What will that combo do on the track? woods?

• grayracer513

Posted August 18, 2006 - 03:27 PM

Well, that's 4 teeth higher than stock (13/45). Probably be great desert gearing, but I don't think you'll like it on an MX course very much. They confused you with an older model.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 18, 2006 - 03:40 PM

Kelstr runs 14/48 on his Honda and loves it for MX. He says he uses 2nd for pretty much all the turns and some jumps and 3rd for straights and longer jumps. According to him it makes the bike pull really long and smoothly and it's pretty much just like using 3rd and 4th with stock gearing. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 18, 2006 - 05:11 PM

I run my 4 speed with a 15/49 (versus the 14/48 stock set up, for a net of two teeth higher), and that's how it works, too; long pulls in the gears, and not much shifting. The '03 has a lower geared primary set than the '06, so that throws the comparison off a little, but you might have something there, anyway. It could be something he'll like.

• dooweb2

Posted August 18, 2006 - 06:39 PM

if I remember corectly the parts unlimited book is wrong!!! thye were wrong when i looked up my gearing for my 06!! so always check yourself.. by the way parts unlimited have shitty return policies but if you prove them wrong they will let you reorder.. go back to the shop and tell them they made a mistake and to call PU to reorder ..

• barch88

Posted August 18, 2006 - 07:15 PM

if I remember corectly the parts unlimited book is wrong!!! thye were wrong when i looked up my gearing for my 06!! so always check yourself.. by the way parts unlimited have shitty return policies but if you prove them wrong they will let you reorder.. go back to the shop and tell them they made a mistake and to call PU to reorder ..

Same, the shop tried to tell me the stock gearing was 14/50 or something...I was like NO it's 13/49...and he's like NO, NO. I sat and argued with him, then finally I was like "forget then, I will just buy the chain online." (Cause I wanted it cut do 114) He's like...ALRIGHT ALRIGHT.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.