05 YZ450 shock and fork settings

4 replies to this topic
  • DBMX 925

Posted August 17, 2006 - 02:27 PM

Can anyone tell me the factory fork and shock settings for an 05 YZ450, I've been through the manual 10 times and no info. Any help would be great. I bought the bike used and don't know the original settings. Thanks in advance.

• 97chevy

Posted August 17, 2006 - 06:20 PM

I'm not trying to be a smart a** but, I am pretty sure it is in there. Look in the section inspections/adjustment which i think is chapter three. You will find a page about suspension and it will tell you mow many clicks of adjustment is there, and it should say the factory setting. Atleast this is how the 05 yz250f manual is. I'm thinking there is no reason the style of manual would be different, it would just have different specs. Hope it helps you out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DBMX 925

Posted August 19, 2006 - 07:00 AM

Th :thumbsup: anks

• Satch0922

Posted August 19, 2006 - 05:45 PM

FORKS

Compression 8 clicks out
Rebound 13 clicks out

Shock

Rebound 12 clicks out
Low Speed Compression 13 clicks out
High Speed Compression 1 1/2 turns out

Sag...your preference but usually 100 +- 10mm

• DBMX 925

Posted August 20, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Thanks again!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.