Pictures of my 06 with new backgrounds installed.

41 replies to this topic
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 16, 2006 - 06:41 PM

I posted this in the general forum, but wanted to make sure all my Yamaha buddy's seen it. I typically don't install numbers, so this might take me some getting used on the new look.

http://s94.photobuck...mgAnch=imgAnch1

http://s94.photobuck...mgAnch=imgAnch2

http://s94.photobuck...mgAnch=imgAnch3

Thanks...

• yz_for_me

Posted August 16, 2006 - 07:15 PM

this might take me some getting used on the new look

Nice. It's a good new look. IMO motocross bikes look better with numbers. They are racing machines and to me numbers complete the package.

• YZ117

Posted August 16, 2006 - 07:55 PM

Dude, you've got a good look goin on there but lets get that grass cut!

• arel451

Posted August 16, 2006 - 07:58 PM

Nice backgrounds :thumbsup:

• barch88

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:12 PM

Looks good, but new chain and sprockets would complete the bike. Skid plate is a good idea too, glad I bought one before anything happened to my cases because the last time I was at the track it seemed a bit rocky...which is unusual.

True that...but I bet you have rocks instend of grass...so you can't talk! :thumbsup: :ride:

• jamiehughes

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:23 PM

backgrounds and numbers look cool if you actually use them for racing certain classes. it lets you size up the competition on days you are practicing. i haven't raced my 06 yet but i got my #'s on there just in case. you don't want to be the spode at the track with the white backgrounds and the # 1 on your bike and the #2 on your friends or your wife's bike. unless you earned those #'s of course. or even putting the pro's #'s on there because your bike looks like theirs. thats pretty spodeish too. i just made that last word up. :thumbsup:

• barch88

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:27 PM

backgrounds and numbers look cool if you actually use them for racing certain classes. it lets you size up the competition on days you are practicing. i haven't raced my 06 yet but i got my #'s on there just in case. you don't want to be the spode at the track with the white backgrounds and the # 1 on your bike and the #2 on your friends or your wife's bike. unless you earned those #'s of course. or even putting the pro's #'s on there because your bike looks like theirs. thats pretty spodeish too. i just made that last word up. :applause:

I used to be one of those "spodes"... :thumbsup: :ride: But weren't we all at once?

• jamiehughes

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:42 PM

nope, just plain white plates, no goofy #'s until i started racing. no numbers were necessary until i started racing, what do you need the numbers for? ya cant tell your bike from the others?? i like it when people put their actual color backgrounds and proper racing # on, so you can size em up. it's kind of funny to pass someone out there with pro backgrounds and #'s riding at my (novice) level. and it's cool to get railed like you are standing still by someone who actually earned their pro plate and #.i guess some just don't know. when i started riding, i rode with (actually got my butt kicked) lots of pro riders, i guess i'm lucky as they steered me in the right direction so i wouldn't look any more like a dork than i already was.

• Crash 2006

Posted August 16, 2006 - 09:04 PM

Hahaha, I knew that one was coming. That is my tomato plant, it grows out of control by that pond! That is one plant :thumbsup:

• Crash 2006

Posted August 16, 2006 - 09:07 PM

Looks good, but new chain and sprockets would complete the bike. Skid plate is a good idea too, glad I bought one before anything happened to my cases because the last time I was at the track it seemed a bit rocky...which is unusual.

True that...but I bet you have rocks instend of grass...so you can't talk! :thumbsup: :ride:

I put the yamaha skid plate and water pump guard on that bike... They fit like a glove.

Chain is next...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 16, 2006 - 10:14 PM

Nice lookin ride man. I dont race, but I have to have my club number on my bike to ride at our club. Kinda sucks, because people ask me if I race, kinda makes me look like a poser. But I am quick to tell them I am a half ass rider. :thumbsup:
http://www.putfile.c...php?img=2261184
http://www.putfile.c...php?img=2261166

• ben_suhard

Posted August 17, 2006 - 07:13 AM

Ummm, it looks good and I don't really want to spoil the party, but 450's usually have white backgrounds and 250's have black backgrounds(your signature says 450). It doesn't really matter if you're not racing; do you just like the look better?

• yami racer

Posted August 17, 2006 - 09:37 AM

Nice Water Feature.....

• jammin22

Posted August 17, 2006 - 10:24 AM

What do you guy's think of mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• YZ426F Rider

Posted August 17, 2006 - 11:49 AM

Ummm, it looks good and I don't really want to spoil the party, but 450's usually have white backgrounds and 250's have black backgrounds(your signature says 450). It doesn't really matter if you're not racing; do you just like the look better?

Generally the answer is yes, but not always. I am a WORCS member and backgrounds and number colors are determined by the class that you race. They have white, black, yellow, red, and blue backgrounds with either white or black numbers. Being an off-road series rather than straight motcross there can be 120 riders from five different classes on the course at one time. The colors help them keep track of everybody in case the transponders quit working.

By the way, to all you guys that have posted pics of your bikes: Lookin' good dudes! :thumbsup:

• YZ426F Rider

Posted August 17, 2006 - 11:59 AM

...and by the way, if a WORCS event is happening near wherever you might live I highly recommend that you give it a shot. Most of them are in California but they also hit Washington, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona. They are run well and it makes for a kick ass weekend. http://www.worcsracing.com

• Reyndogg

Posted August 17, 2006 - 12:52 PM

I did a WORCS last year at cycle ranch in TX... that was a miserable race. It was pouring rain the whole time. Cost about 400 bucks to fix my bike after that race too: clutch, wheel bearings, steering head bearings, linkage bearings, etc etc - but i'd do it again in a second :thumbsup:

for example:
Posted Image

lol

• YZ426F Rider

Posted August 17, 2006 - 02:02 PM

I did a WORCS last year at cycle ranch in TX... that was a miserable race. It was pouring rain the whole time. Cost about 400 bucks to fix my bike after that race too: clutch, wheel bearings, steering head bearings, linkage bearings, etc etc - but i'd do it again in a second :ride:

for example:
Posted Image

lol

That's an incredible pic...and it speaks volumes for the WORCS events that even after all that you end it by saying that you would 'do it again in a second'

The course up here in Cinebar had a few really, really silty sections and the roosts were flying. I don't think I have ever had such a dirty air filter, nor can I remember ever getting so dirty on a dry day...but as you said, I'd do it again in a second :thumbsup:
http://i28.photobuck...wg/WORCS017.jpg
http://i28.photobuck...wg/WORCS019.jpg
http://i28.photobuck...wg/WORCS016.jpg

• Crash 2006

Posted August 17, 2006 - 03:23 PM

What do you guy's think of mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice bike dude!!! What kind of chain is that?

• Crash 2006

Posted August 17, 2006 - 03:27 PM

I just put them on for the look, I am thinking new ones will have to be put on next year or sooner. I went riding today and my boots really did a number on them! It is hard to keep anything on a dirt bike nice unless you don't ride it. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.