Best sounding exhaust

23 replies to this topic
  • freestyle250

Posted August 17, 2006 - 09:13 AM

The solution is simple. You just have to use common sense. If youre out riding at a track or in a place where riding is in abundance, use whatever pipe you want. But if you're gonna be riding in a place that borders residential or camping areas, use a quiet insert. It takes 5 minutes to put one on and off. That restricts your options for what pipe you can use, but its a necessity. And, you are not doing it out of consideration for the campers or residents, you are doing it out of consideration for everyone else who is ever going to ride a bike after you by helping keep the trails open. Alot of discussions like this one are so very easily solved by using just simple common sense. Come on people, its not hard.

• Alley Cat

Posted August 17, 2006 - 09:40 AM

Why do you want loud???? That's what is getting out riding areas closed!!! :thumbsup: Some may disagree with me but.......loud doesn't always mean more power. :ride:

At this point in time, yes it does! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted August 17, 2006 - 12:17 PM

At this point in time, yes it does! :thumbsup:

Maybe in the land down under you aren't concerned with losing riding areas but here is the USA it is a concern.

• 698floyd

Posted August 17, 2006 - 01:20 PM

I would just saw your exhaust canister in half. haha. But seriously I know someone who did that on his YFZ 450 and its probably in the 125 decible range. Don't go that route. The PC T-4 has a pretty intimidating sound, especually if you can pick up an older one with the different end cap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.