TM Designworks Slide-N-Guide Kit

25 replies to this topic
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted August 15, 2006 - 09:42 AM

I ordered up the kit last night (Chain Guide, Slider and Power lip roller) and was curious about how noisy these things are. TM Designworks says they are quiet but I have heard that chain slap is pretty loud. Any experience with the kit?

• grayracer513

Posted August 15, 2006 - 11:15 AM

The first rendition of the TM slider was very loud (I have one on the 250), but I understand the newer ones are quiter due to the addition of an underlining built in. They may still be louder than OEM, though.

• TimFurryBalls

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:00 PM

BVD, I just bought one for my KTM. It's not loud at all. It has some stick on foam on the bottom to help out, and they give you extra's. Very nice stuff.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:02 PM

Neato! :thumbsup:

• Kyle Prior

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:54 PM

I've been told that my slider is TM Designworks, and its a bit louder that stock, but not much...

• SureBlue

Posted August 15, 2006 - 01:22 PM

The kit is worth every penny, and I can't tell it's louder than stock when riding and others have not complained either
Posted Image

• barch88

Posted August 15, 2006 - 02:03 PM

I think the older ones were loud, but I guess they fixed it with these new ones...

• Ranger18

Posted August 15, 2006 - 03:02 PM

Hey Baron were and how much did you pay for the kit?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 15, 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hey Baron were and how much did you pay for the kit?

I just ordered it from TM Designworks directly. It was $159.95 with free ground shipping. I considered the yellow, but thought it would look ugly, so I went with the black kit.

• DKLEIN

Posted August 15, 2006 - 03:34 PM

The best thing about the T.M. stuff, very strong, especially bottom guide

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drfletcherdc

Posted August 15, 2006 - 03:53 PM

It lessened the noise from chain slap IMO.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 15, 2006 - 03:59 PM

It lessened the noise from chain slap IMO.

Do you have the slider and the guide? The pic in your garage looks like a stock slider.

• DPW

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:46 PM

I have the chain slider only and it is no noisier than stock...quality stuff!

• jamiehughes

Posted August 15, 2006 - 07:15 PM

i also put just the slider on my 06 and i never hear any chain noise from it... great buy as far as i'm concerned. still have to get the rear one. just haven't had any problems with the stock one yet.

• Crash 2006

Posted August 15, 2006 - 08:14 PM

I am going broke having to upgrade all this stuff on my 06. :thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted August 15, 2006 - 08:20 PM

I have the new slider on my 06 (slider only) and it's not anywhere near as loud as the old one on my 00. I only have about an hours worth of time on the TM unit and it has a little more wear than I expected, but I suppose being brand new it needed to wear in.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 16, 2006 - 06:20 AM

I just ordered it from TM Designworks directly. It was $159.95 with free ground shipping. I considered the yellow, but thought it would look ugly, so I went with the black kit.

Baron /RB I too ordered this kit in Yami SE Yellow several weeks ago. I was so excited....until it showed up....TM Yellow YZF SE kit is nothing more than the Suzuki puke yellow same color - I called them up to complain...and found out they use the same yellow color for both Yami SE and Suzuks...marketing crap! the special roller you ordered also is for ATV's, not bikes and they do not tell you this on their website - a problem they admitted too when I told them that is what I was sending back......I sent all of it back for a full refund....What they are coming out with is a a Stock replacement that is the same material as the larger off road slider but not as thick - it is a stock replacement that is said to last 4-5 times longer than oem. That is what I am waiting for. :thumbsup:

call them at 541-535-1612

• TimFurryBalls

Posted August 16, 2006 - 01:30 PM

Can anybody lesson the noise from the slapping coming from my wife and I's bedroom at night as well? :ride: :thumbsup:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 16, 2006 - 01:32 PM

Can anybody lesson the noise from the slapping coming from my wife and I's bedroom at night as well? :ride: :thumbsup:

Maybe advertising that your wife bitch slaps you all the time isn't the best idea.

BTW it's "lessen".

• TimFurryBalls

Posted August 16, 2006 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the spelling lessen. How's your "sproacket" doing. . . ? :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.