New 2005 WR450 owner

4 replies to this topic
  • sdc

Posted August 15, 2006 - 09:05 AM

First off thanks to this site for great info. If not for the info given here and a GYT AIS kit given to me by the dealer, I would be a VERY DISAPPOINTED WR450 owner. I couldn't believe how corked up this bike was. I stepped up from 1990 WR250 2 stroke and was expecting more out of the box!
I will repeat what I've heard many times over on this site YOU MUST DO AT LEAST THE "FREE" MODS TO MAKE THIS BIKE RUN CORRECTLY

2nd if your looking for a great dealer in Northern Ohio see Ralph Johnston of North Ridge Yamaha/Suzuki, (NRYS.) small dealer, great to deal with!

• face_plant

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:04 PM

welcome aboard same here leftover 05 and sweeeeeeeetttttt
bout the free mods i shortened the stop screw and changed the exhaust, i dont need the high range so i left the grey wire, and i ride in very nasty mud and dust so for the .025 hp from the airbox i left it alone, ais i am debating on it. a machinist is making me a plug for the head so i will take all that crap off later if i want to.......
great bike and bulletproof......change that oil )

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Turismo

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:09 PM

i dont need the high range so i left the grey wire

Ok, you need to pull it out of the harness man! The change is not dramatic, just makes the bike run a fair bit smoother. The WR timing is some what crappy for the emissions. Seriously pull it out of the harness and try it.

• RSWR450F

Posted August 15, 2006 - 01:58 PM

My WR450F 2006:

• sdc

Posted August 16, 2006 - 03:30 AM

Pulling the gray wire is a must, big differnece!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.