Mxer's using steering stabilizers?

23 replies to this topic
  • ThompsonV311

Posted August 15, 2006 - 07:45 PM

The RTT is a nice unit, albeit a little pricey. They justify the price because you can adjust on the fly, but I have had both the GPR sub mount on my 04 YZ450, and on my 06 I have the Scotts. In actuality once you get used to it and find the magic setting for you and your style, you pretty much set it and leave it. Also one downside to the RTT is that it is likely to not be transferable to your next bike. Unless nothing has changed with the frame, tree, and forks. In which case why did you buy a newer same bike? I run my Scotts 7 clicks out and it is perfect for everything. I ride mostly Desert, Enduro's, and a little MX track, and don't ever have to change it. The GPR was nice but did raise the bars too much, and their customer service was not the best. They sent the wrong parts twice, and would not send the right ones until they recieved them back both times. Wasted 2 1/2 weeks of my ride time. Scotts on the other hand was great to deal with. Some people may find it hard to spend the $400 or so on a stabilizer, but I have been saved from some would be ugly crashes out in the Dez too many times because of it. I will never own another bike without one. :thumbsup:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:40 AM

We need a picture.

I'll try to take a picture later today and post it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:50 AM

I'll try to take a picture later today and post it.

Cool. Could you post one of your exhaust as well? I like how it doesn't stick out like the stocker does.

• ben_suhard

Posted August 16, 2006 - 09:31 AM

I ride MX, but free ride too. Steering dampers seem to feel a little funny in slow corners but you get used to them, and they're great for when you get tired, especially for high speed stuff. If Ricky uses one, they can't be bad, or maybe he just uses one as a handicap to give the other riders a chance! Here's the MXA article on the Scott's low mount damper. http://www.motocross...E10D77E9F1D3786

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.