Wanna ruin a CRF owners day?

37 replies to this topic
  • ThompsonV311

Posted August 14, 2006 - 06:20 PM

Let him ride a 06 YZ450f!

Ok so I went out yesterday to Practice for an upcoming desert scrambles. I rode with a buddy that has a 2003 CRF450. We ran the first loop, and then I decided to let him try out the 06. So I get on his bike, and we take off. "First thoughts were oh my god how does he ride this thing?" :thumbsup: Granted he doesn't take the best care of his bike. The handlebars seemed a little tweaked to the left, The FMF exhaust was deafening, the donut clamp has a small leak. He doesn't have the Scotts Stabilizer that I do, and the suspension was crap! The bike felt like the bars were tucked down and under you, and just all around I had to fight the bike to ride the lines my YZ just flows through. Needless to say when I pulled over he comes up with the biggest shit eatin grin on his face" :applause: Dude I gotta get one of these".:ride: I just laughed and said get the F@#ck off my bike!. The rest of the day all I heard was "Let me ride it again", and "I gotta sell this thing and get one of those"..... Ha Ha OWNED!

• barch88

Posted August 14, 2006 - 06:46 PM

Gosh, does this sound familiar...:thumbsup: :ride:

• bigbluerider4life

Posted August 14, 2006 - 06:48 PM

lol, thats honda for ya

• MoToFrEaK14

Posted August 14, 2006 - 06:49 PM

if he took care of it, it would be a GREAT bike!!!!!!!!!!
HONDA!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :thumbsup: :ride: :applause: :applause:

• ISBB

Posted August 14, 2006 - 07:12 PM

I just rode my buddy's 06, Cammed, piped blah blah blah... its a huge world of diffrence over my 426.. im now saving my pennies for one.. :thumbsup:

• flyracing450f

Posted August 14, 2006 - 07:23 PM

i'm a yami 06 guy myself but those hondas are decent bikes if u take care of them and set them up right but i just love how i take my stock yami and it feels so much better then my friends 06 honda

• ThompsonV311

Posted August 14, 2006 - 07:34 PM

if he took care of it, it would be a GREAT bike!!!!!!!!!!
HONDA!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :thumbsup: :ride: :applause: :applause:

Hmm... still waiting for your day to ride one too huh?? lol :applause:

• barch88

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:11 PM

Hmm... still waiting for your day to ride one too huh?? lol :thumbsup:

Looks that way.

• letmein

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:12 PM

I have ridden the 06 Yamaha (and I am talking about hours of seat time) and bought the 06 Honda. Riding two totally stock bikes, the 2006 YZ450F and the 2006 CRF450R, the Honda is better STOCK! There is nothing to change on the Honda, unlike the Yamaha (which has its stock handlebars too low and the suspension is too stiff). To me the Honda feels thinner; the engine is a bit more linear, the engine starts easier and has plusher suspension. The Yamaha has a better front brake feel. But since I am in the Yamaha forum, most of you will be extremely biased towards the Yamaha. Come over to the Honda forum so you can see how biased they are :ride:

Personally, comparing a 2003 Honda to a 2006 Honda is night and day, so it is a bit unfair to compare it to a 2006 Yamaha. Why not compare a 2003 Honda to a 2003 Yamaha… well because there really is not comparison.

Dare I say it, Yamaha is finally equal to the Honda (well almost).

I could go on and on about what I like and dislike about the Yamaha but a few of you have already determined that I have worn out my welcome. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 15, 2006 - 05:31 AM

The 06 are both good bikes - but for any rider that is intermediate or above rider/racer both need attention.....as well as RMZ's and KXF's

the CRF has terrible front end push - not just from a 742 tire, chuggy power - ole style 4stroke power

the YZF has terrible stock bar position, chain, jetting, tires - but it has a much linear, smoother (from new counterbalancer) - power - it is easier to ride faster and ride faster longer. The suspension blows away the Honda...and every other 450

The YZF is easy to fix - just cost money
the CRF is a pain in the @$$ to correct the push...a problem since 2002

my 2cents

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted August 15, 2006 - 09:51 AM

I have a 2005 CRF 450R and was happy with it until I rode a friends 06 YZF450. The Yamaha just works better. The stock suspension is awesome on the Yami although the inital stroke may be too stiff for slower guys or desert riders. The bike feels lighter and smaller than the Honda and the front end stays where you put it. I never realized how bad my Honda pushed until I rode the Yami. The power of the Yamaha is less impressive off the bottom and doesn't exhibit the hit that the Honda has, but it works by keeping the rear tire hooked up. I can actually get over jumps easier with the Yamaha than I could with the Honda just because the Yamaha puts the power to the ground. I actually like the stock bars, but I like short bars.

• ThompsonV311

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:25 PM

I have ridden the 06 Yamaha (and I am talking about hours of seat time) and bought the 06 Honda. Riding two totally stock bikes, the 2006 YZ450F and the 2006 CRF450R, the Honda is better STOCK! There is nothing to change on the Honda, unlike the Yamaha (which has its stock handlebars too low and the suspension is too stiff). To me the Honda feels thinner; the engine is a bit more linear, the engine starts easier and has plusher suspension. The Yamaha has a better front brake feel. But since I am in the Yamaha forum, most of you will be extremely biased towards the Yamaha. Come over to the Honda forum so you can see how biased they are :applause:

Personally, comparing a 2003 Honda to a 2006 Honda is night and day, so it is a bit unfair to compare it to a 2006 Yamaha. Why not compare a 2003 Honda to a 2003 Yamaha… well because there really is not comparison.

Dare I say it, Yamaha is finally equal to the Honda (well almost).

I could go on and on about what I like and dislike about the Yamaha but a few of you have already determined that I have worn out my welcome. :applause:

Woo Hoo! looks like I touched a nerve with somebody. :applause: Just like the title says... Wanna ruin a CRF owners day?."its unfair to compare" blah blah blah! :applause: Actually :applause: I have owned 2 hondas before I learned my lesson, and do have about 3 hrs of seat time on the 06 Honda as well, and it still just feels, well... wrong. Sorry dude I was just reporting what he was saying about his own bike too. "Man I gotta to sell this thing" :thumbsup: You think "the suspension is too stiff".. What are you talking about. You are the first person to ever say anything bad about the YZ susp. hmmm.. You know they do say faster riders like stiffer suspension. I love mine :ride: :applause: Naw you are welcome over here anytime. Shoot, if I spent that kinda money on another Honda, I'd be tryin like hell to convince myself and others it was a better bike too. :applause: Seriously though we love you guys. :applause:

• nester

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:36 PM

Woo Hoo! looks like I touched a nerve with somebody. :applause: Just like the title says... Wanna ruin a CRF owners day?."its unfair to compare" blah blah blah! :applause: Actually :applause: I have owned 2 hondas before I learned my lesson, and do have about 3 hrs of seat time on the 06 Honda as well, and it still just feels, well... wrong. Sorry dude I was just reporting what he was saying about his own bike too. "Man I gotta to sell this thing" :thumbsup: You think "the suspension is too stiff".. What are you talking about. You are the first person to ever say anything bad about the YZ susp. hmmm.. You know they do say faster riders like stiffer suspension. I love mine :ride: :applause: Naw you are welcome over here anytime. Shoot, if I spent that kinda money on another Honda, I'd be tryin like hell to convince myself and others it was a better bike too. :applause: Seriously though we love you guys. :applause:

Dude are you serious? Your comparing a ragged out 03 Honda against an 06 yz. Well I take that back, that is a fair comparison of technology. :applause: I can thinks of many people who have already sold their 06 yz for something else.

• ThompsonV311

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:53 PM

Dude are you serious? Your comparing a ragged out 03 Honda against an 06 yz. Well I take that back, that is a fair comparison of technology. :ride: I can thinks of many people who have already sold their 06 yz for something else.

Another CRF'er OWNED! "I can thinks of many people" hmmm not sure I know what youre saying. Is that ebonics? :thumbsup:

• nester

Posted August 15, 2006 - 05:41 PM

Relax man! i do have several friends who have sold their 06 yz (don't know the reasoning) and bought everything from Kawasakis to KTM. I really do like the 06 YZ 450 and have rode one. A kid that I race with got one through a sponshorip and he really likes it. I just didn't think it was fair to compare a uncared for 03 against a well-cared-for 06.

• ThompsonV311

Posted August 15, 2006 - 06:33 PM

Aww come on Nester, I'm just givin you some shit. I hope none of this is taken seriously. I dont expect an 03 CRF to ride as well as my 06 YZ at all. Like I said I rode the 06 as well and it just didnt suit my or my riding style. In 27 years of riding dirtbikes I have had quite a few bikes 2 of which were CR's, both were money pit problem bikes. And yes I take exceptional care of my bikes as well. I do currently own a Honda 1100 ACE cruiser. Not to thrilled with it either. All in all its just some good fun shit talking with the Yami guys. I'm sure it goes on over with the Honda guys. I just don't go over there and get my feelings hurt trying to convince people that my bike is better than theres.... I do that here! :ride: Can we be friends now? :thumbsup:

• Stoutman450f

Posted August 17, 2006 - 09:19 PM

Well .. You're right compare an 03 Honda to an 03 Yamaha and the Yamaha will walk all over the Honda!

Go back to your Honda forum.

The only thing my 06 YZ needed was a pipe and taller bars so what. Honda needs .... well like a complete make over. It is hard to look so far back to see one! :thumbsup:

• Tilson51

Posted August 17, 2006 - 09:21 PM

Let him ride a 06 YZ450f!

Ok so I went out yesterday to Practice for an upcoming desert scrambles. I rode with a buddy that has a 2003 CRF450. We ran the first loop, and then I decided to let him try out the 06. So I get on his bike, and we take off. "First thoughts were oh my god how does he ride this thing?" :thumbsup: Granted he doesn't take the best care of his bike. The handlebars seemed a little tweaked to the left, The FMF exhaust was deafening, the donut clamp has a small leak. He doesn't have the Scotts Stabilizer that I do, and the suspension was crap! The bike felt like the bars were tucked down and under you, and just all around I had to fight the bike to ride the lines my YZ just flows through. Needless to say when I pulled over he comes up with the biggest shit eatin grin on his face" :applause: Dude I gotta get one of these".:ride: I just laughed and said get the F@#ck off my bike!. The rest of the day all I heard was "Let me ride it again", and "I gotta sell this thing and get one of those"..... Ha Ha OWNED!

DAMN RIGHT lol

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted August 18, 2006 - 06:05 AM

I could go on and on about what I like and dislike about the Yamaha

No please go one lets here what you dont like about the 06 YZ450F

• BergArabia

Posted August 18, 2006 - 10:08 AM

The 06 are both good bikes -

:thumbsup:

hmmm I guess I better save up for an Alu frame bike.
I like my YZ plenty but it sounds like the Alu frame and different weight distribution, and new suspension really makes a big difference.

But what about those of us who just play around and don't do cross. Will it make that much difference?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.