ATTN all PowerCore4 users:

10 replies to this topic
  • kskyles

Posted August 14, 2006 - 12:29 PM

Hi guys-

I just got the quiet core for the powercore4 exhaust that i have on my WR, and i should have gotten it a long time ago. even after repacking that pipe, it was obnoxiously loud. i don't have a sound meter, but just from the ear test, it was way more quiet. i haven't noticed any performance differences, but it was well worth it.

you can buy it at the TT store. i got mine for $32 ,including shipping, and it was at my door in a couple of days.

if you own this exhaust pipe, let's do ourselves (and everyone else) a favor and quiet things down.

i'm going to write FMF a letter and ask them to include the core as part of the exhaust package. i know it won't do any good, but at least i'll feel good about myself.

sorry for the rant, but i needed to let it out. i know that this has been discussed on the forum before, but i'm trying to make sure people know it's cool to have a quiet exhaust. :thumbsup:

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 14, 2006 - 01:24 PM

How did it affect power?

• kskyles

Posted August 14, 2006 - 01:49 PM

i haven't been able to tell a difference so far. i've got a couple of hours on the bike right now, and will have to rejet when the temps cool down a little bit.

either way, it's worth a little tuning or a tiny bit of power loss.

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 14, 2006 - 02:15 PM

^^^ True true, I got the quiet tip for the T-4 on my TT-R 250 and losing some power on the very top is better than everyone being pissed off at you for having an obnoxiously loud exhaust

• ncmountainman

Posted August 16, 2006 - 07:20 AM

my bottom end vanishes with the powercore insert :thumbsup: my old pipe is falling apart,next i'm gonna try the new ti powercore,advertises 98 db with more power everywhere compared to the old pc4.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:17 AM

my bottom end vanishes with the powercore insert :thumbsup: my old pipe is falling apart,next i'm gonna try the new ti powercore,advertises 98 db with more power everywhere compared to the old pc4.

you'll have to let me know how that goes. i wonder if it is a function of elevation.

i'm at 1000ft in the desert. with some good heat. maybe my jetting/JD kit compensates for it....

i have no idea.

• ncmountainman

Posted August 16, 2006 - 04:11 PM

i ride from 500-5000' so that shouldn't matter,i will let ya know as soon as i get clearance from the head office :thumbsup:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 16, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hi guys

I just got the quiet core for the powercore4 exhaust that i have on my WR, and i should have gotten it a long time ago....

Been there, done it. In fact, I bought the quiet core at the same time I got the Powercore. Never ran it without it. FYI, the noise would of measured around 102 db without the core, wiht it on a new PC4 put it at 93db, with one year of riding, noise goes up to 94db. Plenty legal, not too power robbing and a nice deep throaty sound.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 16, 2006 - 05:19 PM

i ride from 500-5000' so that shouldn't matter,i will let ya know as soon as i get clearance from the head office :ride:

NCMM, I call it a "PO" (not purchase order, but "permission order")
:thumbsup:

• Math

Posted August 17, 2006 - 11:11 AM

I bought a used and repacked PC4 for my 01 426 last year. I bought the quiet core insert from FMF to quiet the animal down a little because it was so much louder with the PC4 when compared to stock (obviously).

I never was able to install the Q insert. the two parts just don't fit together. I think that the PC4 exhaust I own was built before they released the quiet core insert.

I'll send you some pictures of my PC4 and you'll tell me if it looks normal but I think I'll have to buy a new (more recent) PC4 end cap to hold the quiet core insert.

Later,

• kskyles

Posted August 17, 2006 - 01:17 PM

I bought a used and repacked PC4 for my 01 426 last year. I bought the quiet core insert from FMF to quiet the animal down a little because it was so much louder with the PC4 when compared to stock (obviously).

I never was able to install the Q insert. the two parts just don't fit together. I think that the PC4 exhaust I own was built before they released the quiet core insert.

I'll send you some pictures of my PC4 and you'll tell me if it looks normal but I think I'll have to buy a new (more recent) PC4 end cap to hold the quiet core insert.

Later,

it would be great if you could post a few pics. is it just the end cap that doesn't fit, or is it the shape of the can?

it's always cool to see that other people struggle with small things like this. it makes me feel like i'm not alone in the universe! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.