Scotts stabablizer install info

6 replies to this topic
  • ogrider650

Posted August 14, 2006 - 09:50 AM

looked into buying scotts stabalizer i have stock clamps and renthal 7/8 bars.
i talked to the guy at BRP he said that i had to grind some stuff down and mill some stuff out pretty labor intesive. so he suggested their triple clamps with 1-1/8" bars so the cost goes from around 450.00 to around 700.00
is this correct? any input i plan on going with the scotts becasue they have more adjustablility. so gpr or rtt is not an option.

thanks

• JackAttack

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:03 AM

... i plan on going with the scotts becasue they have more adjustablility. so gpr or rtt is not an option.

thanks

Why do you need the "infinate adjustability" of the Scotts?

Save your money and go with the GPR. It's all you will ever need in stabilizer and then some. Customer service is second to none.

Trips. with 1 1/8th is the way to go. :thumbsup:

• ogrider650

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:14 AM

i was just thinking i like the adjustability of scotts. i started racing desert races going from the rock gardens to deep sand washes to whooped out sections. can i adjust the GPR that quick to accomidate those conditions that change so fast witin a race?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:24 AM

can i adjust the GPR that quick to accomidate those conditions that change so fast witin a race?

IMHO...quicker!

One big knob in the center you can grab and twist while riding. The new gen. have a remote twist adjuster that you can grab and adjust without ever taking your hand off the bars.

Call Randy at GPR, he will answer all your questions properly.

• ogrider650

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:52 AM

just ordered it i figured 400 bucks was better than 700 so now i can do my suspension as well thanks

• JackAttack

Posted August 14, 2006 - 11:13 AM

... now i can do my suspension as well thanks

Save your time and money and send it to BarnumsPro. You won't believe the difference in rideability(sp?).

Rob Barnum is the queen of the XR650R suspension gurus. Call him and he will answer all your questions.

• ogrider650

Posted August 14, 2006 - 11:24 AM

yeah it was between barnums or precision concepts i also have a friend that does suspension work

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.