what do you think?

2 replies to this topic
  • Speedy_G

Posted January 11, 2001 - 02:39 PM

anyboby that has a wr426, could you tell me what you think of it? i've heard a lot of differant stuff about them. like the gearing. i've read that the 1st gear is to low and 2nd is to high for tight trails. could someone please enlighten me?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahalic

Posted January 11, 2001 - 03:25 PM

[So far so good. The bike has great power for trails, but I don't think too much. I only open it up when I get on the fireroads around here in Western WA. Most of the stuff is tight and I didn't kill the motor once going too slow the first time out.I do plan on increasing the rear teeth to 53 to increase a little bottom end however. I went from a slightly modified(E-series, K&N,
Eibach)96XR250R to this bike and really like it. The bike starts first kick hot or cold. So far so great.]Originally posted by Speedy_G:
anyboby that has a wr426, could you tell me what you think of it? i've heard a lot of differant stuff about them. like the gearing. i've read that the 1st gear is to low and 2nd is to high for tight trails. could someone please enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

• darbsitton

Posted January 12, 2001 - 06:05 PM

One thing to keep in mind is the 426 makes peak horsepower around 8-9000 rpm and the rev limiter doesn't kick in until 11,500. It also pulls strong at a few thousand rpm. If you rev the bike there is plenty of overlap between gears. If you short shift you may have some gaps ...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.