Who all dualsports WR?

15 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted August 12, 2006 - 01:05 PM

I have my 2005 450 for sale. I bought it and the lady at the dealership put it in as a dual purpose so I got a plate for it. The taxes are due this month and they told me to just tell them when I got the notice and they would take care of it. I am really thinking about paying the taxes and keeping it. I'm in Kentucky and I have no idea how many people plate these and I wonder if it would help it sell if the licensing is already done. What do you guys think?

• spritefiend

Posted August 12, 2006 - 03:26 PM

i would keep it dual sported.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 12, 2006 - 03:43 PM

In Florida that bike would be literally priceless. If I could get a new WR plated in Florida I would finally be able to ditch my old '99.

• TWILES

Posted August 12, 2006 - 05:07 PM

How fare are you willing to drive to get one? Its not dual sported. I ment I have a plate and its registered. It is just like it was when I bought it.

• johnnyjeep

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:00 PM

I have mine D/S and plated and like it that way. It really didnt add too much weight and it is nice to know I can go anywhere. I liked it so much Ive considered going D/S on my RM, but that would be too expensive.

John in Vegas

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 13, 2006 - 09:30 AM

How far I'm willing to drive is dependent on the sale price.

• TWILES

Posted August 13, 2006 - 03:21 PM

I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 13, 2006 - 06:57 PM

I got it after my last post. Not a bad price, but not for the distance I would have to drive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWILES

Posted August 14, 2006 - 09:17 AM

Maybe we can work something out?

• spritefiend

Posted August 14, 2006 - 10:06 AM

^ may be cheaper to have it shipped instead of driving??

• TWILES

Posted August 15, 2006 - 01:00 PM

^ may be cheaper to have it shipped instead of driving??

Yea your probably right.

• Majesticman

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:36 PM

I'm in Kentucky and I have no idea how many people plate these and I wonder if it would help it sell if the licensing is already done. What do you guys think?

I have all of my lake toys licensed in Ky but was going to register the bike at home in MO. Are you saying they will give me a plate if I title in KY?

• TWILES

Posted August 16, 2006 - 03:25 PM

I have all of my lake toys licensed in Ky but was going to register the bike at home in MO. Are you saying they will give me a plate if I title in KY?

If you buy our WR, it already has a plate with it so all you will have to do is get it transfered into your name and put blinkers and everything to make it street legal and your ready to go. Any other offroad bike would be a pain trying to get a plate for in kentucky because offroad dirtbike CAN NOT be titled in the state of kentucky no matter what. They messed up when we bought our dirt bike and somehow registered it as a dual sport instead of offroad only.

The new law in Kentucky states that any offroad dirt bike, atv, or side x side must have a UCC statement filed if there is a lien, otherwise the owner only gets the Certificate of Origin with their name on the back of it showing that it is legally theirs.

Thanks,

Heather Wiles

• TWILES

Posted August 20, 2006 - 04:47 PM

If you buy our WR, it already has a plate with it so all you will have to do is get it transfered into your name and put blinkers and everything to make it street legal and your ready to go. Any other offroad bike would be a pain trying to get a plate for in kentucky because offroad dirtbike CAN NOT be titled in the state of kentucky no matter what. They messed up when we bought our dirt bike and somehow registered it as a dual sport instead of offroad only.

The new law in Kentucky states that any offroad dirt bike, atv, or side x side must have a UCC statement filed if there is a lien, otherwise the owner only gets the Certificate of Origin with their name on the back of it showing that it is legally theirs.

Thanks,

Heather Wiles

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted August 21, 2006 - 07:09 AM

Sent you a PM

• MORGR4

Posted August 23, 2006 - 07:07 PM

I live in Idaho and have an 05 wr450. Pretty easy to license, they only require a brake light, horn, mirror, and liability insurance.. Best part is, insurance companies treat it as a dirt big and liability insurance was a little over 3 bucks a month, full coverage with 100 deductible for 8 bucks a month...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.