crf rider rides a yami 450

9 replies to this topic
  • Gcrfrider54

Posted August 12, 2006 - 09:58 AM

Yesterday i got to ride the best bike i have ever ridden. I normaly ride my crf250r but one of my dads mechanics (Dad owns a car garage) recently bought an 06 yamaha yzf450 and he let me take it around a field near my dads shop. Well all i had to say was wow! I have never ridden a 450 before and i was kinda nervous to say the least. But this bike was super easy to ride, but i was still alittle intimidated by the power. I have always heard alot good things from this sight about the new 450 but i never thought much of it, but now i see what you guys where talkin about. I've been planning to buy a new 450 when the 08's come around, and scince i rode the yammi i'll definatley think about goin blue. Just want to say that you guys got a good bike on your hands.

• motoscotty

Posted August 12, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Hey I have yami 45,s before you buy, ride your new red 450 I rode 1 the other day and I am going red this year

• kyle450rider

Posted August 12, 2006 - 10:12 AM

Well not to sound rude but you probably would have liked any 450 you would have rode.YOU didnt say if you have rode one before but they are all pretty good especially power wise.

• motoscotty

Posted August 12, 2006 - 10:19 AM

That is a very good point ! They all have good power the delivery varies a little bit and the handling separates them all at this point.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted August 12, 2006 - 12:16 PM

That is a very good point ! They all have good power the delivery varies a little bit and the handling separates them all at this point.

Well not to sound rude but you probably would have liked any 450 you would have rode.YOU didnt say if you have rode one before but they are all pretty good especially power wise.

Hey I have yami 45,s before you buy, ride your new red 450 I rode 1 the other day and I am going red this year

Yeah you could get another Honda and have valve problems. You could get a Kawasaki if you want it to blow up all the time. You could get a KTM if you want to pay threw the roof. You could get a Suzuki if you want to blow your gear box every other ride. Or you could get the best 450 out there and get a Yamaha YZ450F.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted August 12, 2006 - 12:48 PM

thats why i have a deposit on a 2007 yammie 450!

• Gcrfrider54

Posted August 12, 2006 - 12:53 PM

Well actually i did say i have never riden a 450 before, but yea i can understand what you guys are sayin, i probably would have liked any 450. But what i'm sayin is that the yammi 450 is an ausome bike, and i like the fact (like Yamahacrazy310 says) that the yammi is known for a pretty good reliability record. Plus yea i'll probably look at other brands when the time comes.

• kyle450rider

Posted August 12, 2006 - 02:22 PM

sorry didnt see you had not ridden one.my bad!should have read it slower.

• PK

Posted August 12, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hard to beat the reliability of the Yamaha though. I'm on my fourth one starting in 99'. My wife's CRF250 has had one problem after another (Valves, burning oil, tranny bearing exploding) and it's being ridden by a woman. Biggest POS I've ever owned. It's a great handling bike which is why my wife won't let me get rid of it and I've also lowered the suspension and revalved/resprung it, otherwise there would YZ250F in the garage next to mine...

• Gcrfrider54

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:10 PM

I enjoy my 04 crf, but the valve issues keep me paranoid, it has an appetite for oil and after riding a 450 I feel like i wish i had alittle more power. But it will have to do until i can afford to get a new 08 450

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.