Jetting 7000 to 10,000...650R

3 replies to this topic
  • JackAttack

Posted August 12, 2006 - 09:10 AM

I find myself in Park City, UT this week with my 650R(uncorked).

Any jetting specs for stock carb would be appreciated. My search has yielded:

"65 - 160 - 3rd clip position - 2.5 turns out"

Sound right?

Also, I have access to an Edelbrock. How many clicks out are you mountain spodes running at, so I can start with a good baseline?

• needsprayer

Posted August 12, 2006 - 10:55 AM

Hi Jack,

Stock carb.

Clip position recommended is 1-2.

The rest sounds good especially in sand where rich is good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Potts228

Posted August 14, 2006 - 12:04 PM

I was just up at Kennedy Meadows (California) and I was told we were at 7,500 to 9,000 feet. My 650 ran great without any jetting changes. Did all tight single track with many steep climbs and no problem at all.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 14, 2006 - 12:41 PM

Big singles aren;'t very picky to jetting but the rule of thumb I got per the Gurus at Sudco is 1 step leaner for every 3000 ft above sea level. I live at 7420, jetted for 5280 as thats where I work and the 96XR610R is just a little rich fringe area up at home. But I don't ride up there except for up and down the mouantain I also went to about 10,680 ft last month and the thing ran good, but I coulda gone to another step leaner set-up at THAT altitude!

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.