Petition for the XR650R

42 replies to this topic
  • Max Power

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:28 PM

Just out of curiosity, what were the results??

Posted Image

• tirebiter

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:31 PM

Ya know, I've read alot of stupid, worthless BS on this site.
This thread is, by far, the stupidest.
Who gives a rat's ass what other people ride.
Get off your computer & ride more often, maybe you'll understand...

• Blome

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:53 PM

I say seperate em just to make searching easier. All respectable models but 650R has nothing in common with the other models.

• Ferdinand

Posted August 12, 2006 - 10:03 PM

I don't care either way, I like reading and learning about both bikes. I plan on getting an R eventually so all the info is helpful :thumbsup: . One good thing about seperating them, it would eliminate useless threads like mine and all the rest on this topic. :ride: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• 4Takt

Posted August 13, 2006 - 05:24 AM

As said, there was an official poll by whomever runs this site. The votes were overwhelmingly in favor of splitting. Then nothing happened.

Collossal waste of time, and frankly insulting. Why ask if you don't give a shit about the result?
Maybe it was some kind of joke I didn't get?

4Takt

• DigDug

Posted August 13, 2006 - 07:36 AM

Great Idea!!!

Split em up then we get motopsycho650 to go back and seperate all the posts into the two new forums... That should take, oh what, about 5 years to do??? And what do you do with all the threads like this one? make copies in each? hmmm....

Sounds like a great idea until you look at the amount of work involved in it.

:thumbsup:

• BIG RED

Posted August 13, 2006 - 07:55 AM

This site is FREE!!! I have had so much help from other T.T.r's my bike would not be the same without this site. i would being happy if they mixed it ALL together. lets be thankful for this awsome site and go riding!

• trailsurfer

Posted August 13, 2006 - 10:23 AM

[quote name='tirebiter']Ya know, I've read alot of stupid, worthless BS on this site.
This thread is, by far, the stupidest.
Who gives a rat's ass what other people ride.
Get off your computer & ride more often, maybe you'll understand...]

I made my post after getting home from a 130 mile ride...

• ProMed

Posted August 13, 2006 - 01:27 PM

Great Idea!!!

Split em up then we get motopsycho650 to go back and seperate all the posts into the two new forums... That should take, oh what, about 5 years to do??? And what do you do with all the threads like this one? make copies in each? hmmm....

Sounds like a great idea until you look at the amount of work involved in it.

:ride:

:thumbsup:

• ponq

Posted August 13, 2006 - 02:38 PM

I would volunteer my time to help split it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4Takt

Posted August 13, 2006 - 03:58 PM

Split em up then we get motopsycho650 to go back and seperate all the posts into the two new forums...

Why would you have to do that? Just start two new forums, make the old one read only and that's it.

And what do you do with all the threads like this one? make copies in each? hmmm....

Again, why? You just post where it's appropriate. I don't get your point.

• justicedone

Posted August 13, 2006 - 04:30 PM

To be BRUTALLY honest..if the forum split I would most certainly toss my TT membership under a truck and run it over. Because in my (whack) oppinion I think those who whine over splitting are just haters and spend way too much time bitching.

People just need to be greatful for their bikes and the ability to ride them no matter what they are. It cracks me up really....so petty.

I hope they do split it, so I can just ride off into the sunset, on a wheelie of course...on my L !!! of course

• Max Power

Posted August 13, 2006 - 04:55 PM

As said, there was an official poll by whomever runs this site. The votes were overwhelmingly in favor of splitting. Then nothing happened.

Collossal waste of time, and frankly insulting. Why ask if you don't give a shit about the result?

4Takt

Ditto.

• HeadTrauma

Posted August 13, 2006 - 04:57 PM

Because in my (whack) oppinion I think those who whine over splitting are just haters and spend way too much time bitching.

On the flip side, I find it to be a PITA when I click on threads only to find that it is actually a question about a 650R. Nothing that applies to that bike applies to my 600, so it was a waste of time looking.

• rmhrc630

Posted August 13, 2006 - 05:38 PM

I think they should be split asap using the same logic as the 450R v 450X forum.

They are completely diff bikes - I understand the reason they were together was when TT was smaller but it is so large now that 3 forums could be formed

XR600R
XR650L
XR650R

You would split for reasons of logic, different model and quite frankly vastly diff uses. The 600R is a do it all bike, the 650L a great real dual sport and the 650R is well the baja king.

jm2c

• Supplicate

Posted August 13, 2006 - 05:59 PM

4Takt

waste of time? C'mon, what about all the wr450fyamaha bashing that went on? What about all the R vs L in that thread, wasn't it at least worth it for the entertainment value?

:thumbsup: :ride:

• Max Power

Posted August 13, 2006 - 06:05 PM

waste of time? C'mon, what about all the wr450fyamaha bashing that went on? What about all the R vs L in that thread, wasn't it at least worth it for the entertainment value?

:thumbsup: :ride:

Uhmmmm....... No.

Talladaga Nights, however...........

Shake and bake brother.

• Mattydiah

Posted August 14, 2006 - 08:08 AM

Splitting the forum up would only fragment the community. R and L riders can both have good input to certain subjects. If anything we should have more stringent rules regarding thread naming, so that a person posting a thread has to mention if he is talking about a 650L, or R specifically, so that people who's day gets ruined by reading a thread they didnt want to wont get their panties all up in a bunch.

The end result? Who cares. Dont want to read about 650L's? Then skip the threads, the conglomeration of information and riders is what makes the forum fun, fragmenting it would only kill that feeling.

• Few

Posted August 14, 2006 - 08:13 AM

Lets have a forum for the XL as well then, this XR/L forum is the closest any one with that bike still on the road has to go to ask questions.

• ProMed

Posted August 14, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Stop your crying, all this forum needs is More Cowbell!

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.