TT Store...In need of a Chain!!!

14 replies to this topic
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 08:03 PM

I am going to buy a chain and want to know what is the best one to get for the money. I like the looks of a gold one since my bike is yellow, looking to buy from TT.

Also, how do I know it bolt right up to my bike with the stock sprockets, or do I need to take a few links out?

Thanks!!!

• Kyle Prior

Posted August 11, 2006 - 09:51 PM

This may be wrong, so don't flame me if it is. I have heard that DID and Renthal both make great chains, and I know the chain on my 426 is 120 links I believe on stock sprockets, so it might be the same for the 450, as it seems many bikes use 120 link chains.

• barch88

Posted August 11, 2006 - 09:59 PM

Regina ORN6

OR

DID ERT2 Gold

• DPW

Posted August 12, 2006 - 02:54 AM

DID ERT2 and the stock chain length is 114...

• KK2

Posted August 12, 2006 - 03:48 AM

I think they should give people a test before they buy bikes... if you can't read the manual you shouldn't be riding a dirt bike.

• barch88

Posted August 12, 2006 - 02:45 PM

I think they should give people a test before they buy bikes... if you can't read the manual you shouldn't be riding a dirt bike.

:thumbsup: :ride:

Oh yeah, if you order a 114 link chain you will be fine with the stock sprockets, if you buy a 120 chain, just have you're shop/dealer take 6 links out, no biggy.

• DPW

Posted August 12, 2006 - 03:38 PM

if you buy a 120 chain, just have you're shop/dealer take 6 links out, no biggy.

I disagree..buy a chain breaker and do it yourself, very simple.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 12, 2006 - 03:43 PM

The manual was left in my trailer and you are now in my ignore list. :thumbsup:

• barch88

Posted August 12, 2006 - 03:54 PM

I disagree..buy a chain breaker and do it yourself, very simple.

Well, I bought my chain at my shop, so I told them to take some off...(it's free).

• DPW

Posted August 12, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Well, I bought my chain at my shop, so I told them to take some off...(it's free).

Not all dealers are that kewl..plus the chain breaker will come in handy in the future

• barch88

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:53 PM

Not all dealers are that kewl..plus the chain breaker will come in handy in the future

Oh, yeah the Honda dealer I bought it at is cool, I ride with the guy and was going to buy a CRF their too, but I went with a better bike instend. :thumbsup: I buy a lot of stuff from them, as far as Movies, sunglasses, gear, tear-offs, etc...go. I buy all my parts through my Yamaha dealer though (it's a Car dealer, plus a Yamaha dealer), he's really cool...cuts me huge discounts and everything, but they dont have any gear or whatnot so...I guess I could use a chain-breaker, won't hurt to have one. If I ever need some links off Terry (Honda dealer) will take some out for free though, same with Yamaha.

• RideRaceLive123

Posted August 12, 2006 - 07:07 PM

Or you can be cheap like me and use a grinder and a small punch and hammer.

• barch88

Posted August 12, 2006 - 07:11 PM

Or you can be cheap like me and use a grinder and a small punch and hammer.

Too lazy to be cheap, I was too lazy to get the master link off the stock chain so I took bolt cutters to it. HAH.

• RideRaceLive123

Posted August 12, 2006 - 07:29 PM

Too lazy to be cheap, I was too lazy to get the master link off the stock chain so I took bolt cutters to it. HAH.

HAHAHA. And I am too cheap to bolt cut a chain, even a cccrrrraaaappppyyyyyyy stock chain. My poor butt might need a back-up chain some day.

Since you are too lazy to be cheap could you buy me a chevy S-10? You know since it is too much work to be cheap. Just think of it as a favor because I am keeping you lazy because you are buying something expensize for me and not cheap. HAHA :thumbsup:

• ktmone

Posted August 12, 2006 - 07:35 PM

Regina ZRD 520 if it will take the abuse of a 525 KTM it will work on anything! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.