How do I Bleed the Air out of my Front Forks on an 06?

14 replies to this topic
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:05 PM

Is this the screw above the hard and soft clicker on the top of the fork? If so, is it spring loaded? I will it pop out at me. :thumbsup: Does it have to be removed or just loosened up to bleed them?

Thanks!!!

• 450_rider

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:08 PM

I imagine my 03 is pretty similar in the way a air bleed screw works, but yes that is it and no it is not spring loaded. On mine there is a rubbar o ring around it and after a ride elevate the forks and start unscrewing it and you will hear a hiss and then tighten it, works for me.

• Hitch22

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:10 PM

Yes, what 450 rider said. Takes me a whole 30 seconds if that. I do it after every ride, doing so helps to save the fork seals.

• jamiehughes

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:15 PM

buy the fork speed bleeders and it will take you 2 seconds, you can do it after every time out on the track.. buy the ones advertised on this site, they are like 40 bucks and they are bad ass.

• Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:16 PM

I just did it, man that was a lot of work! Not sure I can do it after every ride!!! TT Forums rule!

Thanks!!!

• Hitch22

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:18 PM

buy the fork speed bleeders and it will take you 2 seconds, you can do it after every time out on the track.. buy the ones advertised on this site, they are like 40 bucks and they are bad ass.

I was looking at those too and want to get them but I'm too lazy to actually buy them. :thumbsup:

• jamiehughes

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:27 PM

they are sweet, and they come in different colors, for all you style consious folks like myself.
http://www.systemtechracing.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barch88

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:28 PM

When you guy's say every ride do you mean after each long day at the track or every moto? I run about 5-6 hours per day when I'm at the track, I usually like to bleed them once at the track, and once before I leave the track.

• jamiehughes

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:33 PM

i pop mine before i drop the bike off the stand at the track everytime i go out on the track..

• Reyndogg

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:35 PM

just make sure the bike is on a stand w/the front wheel off the ground when you let the air out...

I just did it, man that was a lot of work! Not sure I can do it after every ride!!! TT Forums rule!

Thanks!!!

and dude, if you think that was a lot of work, i can't imagine how you'll maintain the rest of the bike! :thumbsup:

• Hitch22

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:35 PM

I'd say do it after every moto and if you are just practicing then do it periodically. Doesn't hurt to do it more often then none!

• barch88

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:37 PM

and dude, if you think that was a lot of work, i can't imagine how you'll maintain the rest of the bike! :thumbsup:

I think he was joking...:ride:

• Reyndogg

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:39 PM

I think he was joking...:thumbsup:

l hope so! lol

• Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:44 PM

I like to bleed mine in mid air after hitting a big jump. That way the weight is off the forks. :thumbsup:

• Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:46 PM

just make sure the bike is on a stand w/the front wheel off the ground when you let the air out...

and dude, if you think that was a lot of work, i can't imagine how you'll maintain the rest of the bike! :ride:

That was a joke. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.