Tweaked front end

4 replies to this topic
  • blue450frider

Posted August 11, 2006 - 05:21 PM

i just crashed by using my front brake for a split second on dry grass and is slid out. The handle bars arn't bent. The front tire is pointed to the left and the bars are pointed to the right and then my front number plate and front fender are looking to be straight. how can i fix it?? lossen the fork clamps??

• jr_vw2

Posted August 11, 2006 - 05:32 PM

this is kind of getto but you can just push over to a tree or a post and turn your bars to bang the fron of the wheel against the post/tree to straighten them back out. Thats the easiest way, but you could also loosen the fork claming bolts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Swanny40

Posted August 11, 2006 - 05:39 PM

You might try putting your bike on a stand and loosening your triple clamp bolts and axle pinch bolts and then spin your wheel and hit the front brakes it might straighten everything out for you.

• Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 05:56 PM

Why does this keep occurring?

• jamiehughes

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:12 PM

because thats' the way dirt bikes are built. so when you do crash which is almost a sure thing. you can just loosen everything and straighten it up. if everything was really tight(which it shouldn't be) you would be buying new forks,tripleclamps, and bars everytime you hit the ground. this way is much cheaper. when everything is torqued right it will not be loose but then if you are involved in a big yard sale on the bike, most things will give instead of breaking..

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.