Whats the best exhaust

10 replies to this topic
  • XR250_RIDER_14

Posted August 11, 2006 - 04:02 PM

I want a slip-on that can give me everywhere power that pulls in the top pretty far. I was thinking leo vince or yoshi for sure. I want something that sounds good and different and i dont care how loud i have alot of land

• quailboy

Posted August 11, 2006 - 09:02 PM

i have a FMF powercore 4 and i like it alot. i dont know what bike you have so i dont know whats available. it seems to add power all around and is lighter than stock

• Crash 2006

Posted August 11, 2006 - 09:52 PM

I also have a FMF powercore slip on, and since i have installed it, I have been :ride: every since. I also drops two pounds off the weight of you bike :thumbsup:

• Turismo

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:19 PM

What bike you got???
You ain't going to get a more aggressive pipe than a procircuit.
Don't forget about the GYT-R slip-on's, they are some of the best in the business.

Have a look at this:
http://www.dirtrider...f_exhaust_test/

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:21 PM

I have a 2003 yz450f and i am choosing either a leo vince or a yoshi for i cant decide

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR250_RIDER_14

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:38 PM

Its either a leo vince or yoshi. I love long pipes but i dont think the leo will be loud enough for me. I heard that the yoshi revs quick. I want a pipe that is loud and revs quick. and looks good like the leo vince.

• Turismo

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:43 PM

Both have different inserts you can use. You can run the leo plenty open for great power and response if you want. Same with the Yoshi. Out of these two, I would go the leo, but that part is up to you! :thumbsup:

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:46 PM

Leo Vince is also said to be used with stock jetting......How many db is the stock 03 yz450????? with yoshi??? with leo vince?? What jetting does yoshi use? Please help me out

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:49 PM

Hey turismo its gotta be plenty loud though... Not tooo loud but pretty damn loud. I love to hear the sound of a open four stroke. Dont get mad at me...... I wont take your riding land away I have my own in the country.

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 11, 2006 - 11:14 PM

Why not stick with the stocker and put a PMB spark arrestor on it

• Turismo

Posted August 12, 2006 - 04:00 AM

Hey turismo its gotta be plenty loud though... Not tooo loud but pretty damn loud. I love to hear the sound of a open four stroke. Dont get mad at me...... I wont take your riding land away I have my own in the country.

Don't worry about me champ, I got a procircuit! :thumbsup:
Both pipes you are looking at can be louder than stock which is ~102db, but not by much. Around ~103db. They sound a lot more grumpier too!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.