Rear blinkers - Anyone have these?

15 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 11, 2006 - 11:52 AM

Do these look like running lights that are on top of truck cabs?

Anyone running something similar to this?

http://w1.bikepics.c...367484-full.jpg

• thouk

Posted August 11, 2006 - 12:08 PM

Huffa,
Those are the blinkers that you can get with the Baja Designs kit. You can get that at most cycle shops. I have a pair on my bike. I like them for the fact that they are hard to crunch in a crash. They come in all sorts of colors for the body and lense. Check Ebay or your local shop for buying. Have fun, Tony

• Huffa 2

Posted August 11, 2006 - 01:04 PM

Huffa,
Those are the blinkers that you can get with the Baja Designs kit. You can get that at most cycle shops. I have a pair on my bike. I like them for the fact that they are hard to crunch in a crash. They come in all sorts of colors for the body and lense. Check Ebay or your local shop for buying. Have fun, Tony

OH, I didn't realize that. Yea, I like how they are out of the way, very nice.

Thanks!

:thumbsup: What's that dark grey on the bottom of the forks legs....... vinyl, plastic protectors or what?

• jbird710

Posted August 11, 2006 - 01:48 PM

I put them on my XRL; check "My Garage". I've got closeup of the rear fender and have them just under the tool bag on either side. They are actually running lights but work great for blinkers. I've paid as little as $10 and as much as $20 for a pair. They come in various colors white, black, and some painted to look like carbon fiber.

I can't make out what's on the forks; it looks like some type of covers. He may have had the lowers anodized or powder coated. Although, that seems a bit extreme and would wear off from rock hits.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 11, 2006 - 01:54 PM

OH, I didn't realize that. Yea, I like how they are out of the way, very nice.

Thanks!

:thumbsup: What's that dark grey on the bottom of the forks legs....... vinyl, plastic protectors or what?

You can pick them up and ANY motorcycle shop for $14.95 for the pair, but do not go with the LED ones, buy the ones that have an incandesant bulb. The led ones are a nightmare unless you do front and rear as the blink way too fast.

• skyriver

Posted August 12, 2006 - 01:53 PM

Here's mine... http://www.thumperta...achmentid=20076

I got mine off ebay for $12-14. One thing I noticed is they draw more power than the BD ones. I only get about 4 or 5 blinks and then they cut out to save power for the headlight. I've only gone down hard once since I've had them. They survived. I also don't kick the right one now when getting on the bike!! That BajaDesigns was getting clubbed several times a ride from me kicking it. :thumbsup:
Do it, you'll like them.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 12, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Here's mine... http://www.thumperta...achmentid=20076

I got mine off ebay for $12-14. One thing I noticed is they draw more power than the BD ones. I only get about 4 or 5 blinks and then they cut out to save power for the headlight. I've only gone down hard once since I've had them. They survived. I also don't kick the right one now when getting on the bike!! That BajaDesigns was getting clubbed several times a ride from me kicking it. :thumbsup:
Do it, you'll like them.

Well that doesn't seem right, isn't there a fix for that? Do you have a battery?

• jamestoo

Posted August 13, 2006 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres another pig with the same mine :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 13, 2006 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Duel exhaust :ride: What the heck for?

• skyriver

Posted August 13, 2006 - 06:45 PM

Well that doesn't seem right, isn't there a fix for that? Do you have a battery?

It's rarely on the road so I don't care too much, but yeah, it has the tiny battery pack that came with the BD kit. Actually, if I've been cruising at 55 mph and then have to turn I'll get plenty of blinks. It's just if I'm tooling around at 25mph in the neighborhood (like after a washing or such), which is mostly when I'm on pavement it will only have a small charge and only give 4 or 5 blinks. Believe me... I'm not real worried about blinkers. Pavement just ruins your knobs anyway and I find the blacktop to be pretty boring. Now, if I was super-moto then I would upgrade the stator even more and put a fat battery in there, but I don't like tickets so I'll keep it dirt oriented. And believe me, I'd get them if I had road tires on this thing. :thumbsup:

Have fun,

• BluezookS

Posted August 13, 2006 - 09:00 PM

Try this!

Lockhart Phillips makes some.

How do the dual mufflers work. Same principle as the CRF, more free flowing and quiet too.

• BluezookS

Posted August 13, 2006 - 09:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jamestoo,

Who makes that exhaust and how does it work? I can't make out the badge in pic two.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 13, 2006 - 11:06 PM

Try this!

Lockhart Phillips makes some.

How do the dual mufflers work. Same principle as the CRF, more free flowing and quiet too.

Good link! Thanks! :thumbsup:

• jamestoo

Posted August 14, 2006 - 01:15 AM

Jamestoo,

Who makes that exhaust and how does it work? I can't make out the badge in pic two.

Bluezooks the exhaust and headers are Remus Titanium they work as seperate systems the original is 2 into 1 whereas mine is 2 seperate systems
i think but not too sure they work at different rev ranges.

the original works honda pigs ran duel pipes like mine in the early days.
there is a hell of a lot more power over stock. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• 52wheelz

Posted August 14, 2006 - 11:16 AM

I have been using those Lockhart Phillips flush mount blinkers on all my dual sported dirt bikes for several years. They work great, are reliable and put out a very bright light so you can be seen when on-road.

I don't like the LED blinkers and tail lights because I don't they put out a bright enough light for you to be seen well by all those drivers who are likely to not see you anyway. Why give them any more reason to run over you. They do draw more power though.

I also mount my license plate on top of the fender because then it will never get torn off in a crash.

• BluezookS

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:41 PM

http://www.kandstech...age=flushmounts

http://www.kandstech...=LEDflushmounts

http://www.kandstech...witchescontrols

K&S must be where Baja Designs gets all their stuff.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.