jetting

4 replies to this topic
  • motomonte

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Finally I'm in the process of uncorking my '05 L.I've been reading past posts and noticed that many people advice is to go with the daves mods instead of buying a jetting kit.Seems like it would be cheaper and give better performance.I'll like to know wich jets to buy and where i can get them.My bike will be running with the stock pipe for now.Maybe I will get an aftermarket filter since the stock one (7kmiles)needs replacement and the stock retails for more if not the same price as an Uni filter.I'm open to any sugestions :thumbsup: .Thanks in advance.

• flubber

Posted August 11, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Hi. I went with daves mods and am very pleased with the results. Heres my setup(1600' elevation):uni filter, needle shimmed to .024, 55 pilot, 158 main, and the mixture screw out 2.5 turns, airbox snorkel removed, stock pipe and the slide drilled. I purchased my jets here http://carbparts.com/ The main jets were priced a little high but they had the short pilots in stock so I ordered any way. A great place to find the shim washers for the needle is a rc car website or store. Buy some #6 or 10 flat washers. I don't know which ones will fit the best because I purchased these after I already did the mods. If I were you I'd buy a 55 and 58 pilot and a 158 and 160 main. If you pm me I'll give you my address. Just send me a self address stamped envelope and I'll send you some shim washers for nothing. One more thing I'd order the uni filter. The stock filter is garbage. Flubber

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flubber

Posted August 11, 2006 - 08:59 PM

The shim washers I picked up are du-bro brand. They can be found at http://www.ehobbies.com

• motomonte

Posted August 11, 2006 - 09:46 PM

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup: .I noticed that you mentioned 2 sizes for each jet,wich ones should i use?or it is a matter of trying both.I plan on installing an UNI filter and use the stock pipe.Most people appear to use the 55/158 combo.I ride mostly street and live at sea level.

• flubber

Posted August 11, 2006 - 09:56 PM

I'd start with the 55 158 jets. Or even a 160 main. If its to rich you can always go smaller. I still have my 160 laying around I'm gonna try next week.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.