I'm starting to take note that the XR400 is....

8 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 11, 2006 - 01:46 AM

........... :thumbsup: fetching the same $$ as used 650's in a lot of cases. I have seen others too. Just found that odd.

Examples

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

• snaggleXR650

Posted August 11, 2006 - 03:20 AM

The XR400, became legendary in it's short existence. As Honda quit making them, their value will remain, especially for nicer ones. I believe the same will be true of the XR650R when they quit making it.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 11, 2006 - 04:48 AM

The XR400, became legendary in it's short existence. As Honda quit making them, their value will remain, especially for nicer ones. I believe the same will be true of the XR650R when they quit making it.

They really are nice bikes but just not quite enough oomph for my type of riding or I'd get one of those I think.

• Triple B

Posted August 11, 2006 - 06:58 AM

A CA plate on any dirt bike is worth about $500.00 to those who want it.
Here in SoCal I think the XR650 go for $300.00 to $500.00 more that a XR400 in the same condition

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIG RED

Posted August 11, 2006 - 07:43 AM

I've seen the same thing but the 400 is for almost everyone with honda quality and ridable rite out of the box, the 650r is only for people that are more advanced riders and can work one there own bike, cause who would want to ride a stock 650r?

• Triple B

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:37 AM

the 650r is only for people that are more advanced riders and can work one there own bike, cause who would want to ride a stock 650r?

I would have to disagree with you on that one BIG RED
I am an advanced rider and when I decided on the XR400 it was because of the type of riding I like to do not because I scared of the 650's power. Where I ride there are not to many place were a 650 would have the advantage over my 400
90% rider 10% bike
You think because I have a 400 I don't like working on it.... :thumbsup:

• Rockjockey

Posted August 11, 2006 - 02:01 PM

I would have to disagree with you on that one BIG RED
I am an advanced rider and when I decided on the XR400 it was because of the type of riding I like to do not because I scared of the 650's power. Where I ride there are not to many place were a 650 would have the advantage over my 400
90% rider 10% bike
You think because I have a 400 I don't like working on it.... :thumbsup:

I agree with you Triple B. I had both at one time (both new 2000 yr models) and the 6fitty was not appropriate for my intended use, dont get me wrong it would holeshot anyone at the cross country races and was a nice "on vacation" bike, but as I got older I took up enduro racing and the XR400 with the 440 kit suited me much better. You can see I can work on my own bike. See "My Garage" for one tricked out XR440. It is not the bike it is the rider.

Posted Image

• Huffa 2

Posted August 11, 2006 - 02:07 PM

I agree with you Triple B. I had both at one time (both new 2000 yr models) and the 6fitty was not appropriate for my intended use, dont get me wrong it would holeshot anyone at the cross country races and was a nice "on vacation" bike, but as I got older I took up enduro racing and the XR400 with the 440 kit suited me much better. You can see I can work on my own bike. See "My Garage" for one tricked out XR440. It is not the bike it is the rider.

Posted Image

Very cool XR and one of a kind I guess. :thumbsup:

• Rockjockey

Posted August 11, 2006 - 02:10 PM

Thanks,Huffa 2. The 6fitty was nice too, With the Race Tech suspension, Scotts stabilizer, BRP triple clamp, Quicksilver and Al Baker pipe it ripped but was not feasable as there is no desert here. Sold for $3000.00 with very little use.

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.