TT $9.95 charge

7 replies to this topic
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:26 PM

Hey, if I want to buy OEM parts I have to pay 9.95. Why is this? Not that I am cheap or anything, I would pay that just to read these forums. Are the OEM parts at discount prices or something? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

• Xolotl

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Yup.... (glances up) 30-50 percent off in fact :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:41 PM

They are at major discounts. The are some odd legalities in some states involved in offering some retail items at below certain price points. This can be worked around by making you join a closed membership group with a fee attached to the membership. Costco, a large western public wholesaler, does it this way and no one complains (well, some do...).

TT OEM doesn't list everything for everything, but their service is excellent, and they'll try to get you what they don't have listed.

Let's put it this way, if you lost the amount of money you'd save by paying the membership fee and buying a set of friction plates and springs for your clutch, compared to retail, you'd be p*ssed. :thumbsup:

• Crash 2006

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:43 PM

What??? You got to be :thumbsup: kidding me!!! I get a 10% discount off from where I bought my bike from. Just spent $200.00 there on OEM guards and stuff. Looks like I will not be shoping there anymore.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:59 PM

Hey, I added the $9.95 fee to my shopping cart and it let me shop the OEM parts. However, I did to see any 2006 YZ parts available, am I doing something wrong? :thumbsup:

• SUnruh

Posted August 10, 2006 - 06:07 PM

call and ask about them.

example of savings: look at valves. way more than 30% off.

• tnl

Posted August 10, 2006 - 09:03 PM

Hey, I added the $9.95 fee to my shopping cart and it let me shop the OEM parts. However, I did to see any 2006 YZ parts available, am I doing something wrong? :thumbsup:

I was surfing the other day on there and couldn't find any 05 parts lists either??

• jimbob69

Posted August 11, 2006 - 08:19 AM

quick question about the TT store.

Is valve assembly part # 5GR-14340-00-00 just a set of 5 valves?

someone please fill me in.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.